Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PVP, Guild Wars, and You!

Name:  2016-02-19_173683821.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  24.7 KB

The notion has come up from time to time that some members would like us to war more often. One thing we have noticed is a lack of communication amongst those of us who will declare the war and those of you who would like to war. We have as of yet not outlined any exact methods, protocols, or reasons for why Foo might choose to war with another guild and that is what this thread is about.

Discussing this matter with the officers last night it occurred to us that our members may not realize how empowered they are to affect this decision to war another guild. One thing many of our newer members should keep in mind is Foo is not a guild that is out to befriend every other guild. We don't mind making an enemy here and there. It has been said that most often we go to war because some random person from some random guild looked at Joebane the wrong way and that was all it took. That is absolutely true. But we want everyone in Foo to know that as a member of Foo you too are due absolute respect from every other player in the game. If any of them falter and fail to deliver you the utmost courtesy in any situation it is well within your right to demand retaliation and request a guild war from our officers.

Some examples of good reasons to request a war:

A player attacked the monsters I was grinding
    Another player made a disparaging remark about me or my guild
    A player is in a guild with a very stupid name
    Another player's mother is likely very large
    There is a blue sky above the other player

For various reasons, we may not always decide as a guild to war each and every guild requested. But it is up to us members to let the officers know exactly what guild we do want to go to war with. If we do not communicate our hatred of another guild to our officers, they cannot turn the kill flags on for us!

In addition to this, Foo once had a policy of immediate and total retaliation on anyone killing a Foo member. If ever you are out and find yourself ganked by another player or three, it is your duty to let the rest of the guild know! We should group up and return that gank in force as a guild. Attacking a member of Foo should always be something another player has to think seriously about. We need to work as a guild to get back to that habit.

Any questions or comments, please post!

2. Thanks Top, Gummy_Bear thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by matheon View Post
    A player is in a guild with a very stupid name
    There's no shortage of that in this game.

Another thing to look out for is a guild group grinding in an area. Five people could just be an xp group, but the moment you see that 6th person it should click that maybe they are doing a guild mission and that is a good time to let the officers know that there might be a guild mission by [SomeStupidGuildName] over at [area or mobs]. This is a good way to get some (almost) guaranteed PvP action. Most guilds have some sort of alliance with other guilds, so if we bother the guild doing missions enough they may call in their allies to give them a hand, and then we got a full fledged war going down.

4. Thanks joebane thanked for this post
    Likes Aloss, Gummy_Bear, matheon liked this post

Note that while we are quick to war and have fun warring, it should not be expected we will win every war or engagement. This is okay. Every time we do war, however, learn something.
    For example, last night I learned that just because Dami is messing with the war targets at the edge of the safe zone does not mean I should try and help...most likely I'll die if i get involved in that.

If you're winning all the time then you're not getting better.
    If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die.

6. Likes Brodie liked this post

51 Valk here 64ap 140 dp.

Last night I felt like I was hitting them with a wet noodle and they melted me like butter. Is it my level/stats, or is it just cause I'm bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Kove View Post

Last night I felt like I was hitting them with a wet noodle and they melted me like butter. Is it my level/stats, or is it just cause I'm bad?
    Level and stats for sure.

I'm in the same boat man. I'm good for grabs and stuns until I can get my grind on Memorial Day weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

9. Likes Kove liked this post
    Not cause you are bad. I can almost guarantee everyone we fought last night was 55+ wearing AP offhands. At the level/gear difference between you and them there is no downside to them having little accuracy. Whereas you would have to stack much, much more accuracy to feel like you are hitting with at least a stiff noodle. Getting your gear fully enchanted to +15 and then upgraded to blue/yellow quality will go a long way in you being able to take more hits. Getting you weapon upgraded to +15 and then upgrading to blue/yellow quality will go a long way in you being able to dish out the damage. Getting to level 55 will go a long way in you being able to land hits/avoid hits. These are all seemingly small things (although they do take a lot to accomplish) but you will find a huge difference while standing your ground when fully enchanted/leveled than you do right now.

11. Thanks Kove, Aloss thanked for this post
  12. I certainly had fun last night, and it was a great learning experience! I even got revenge on Overr. BUWAHAHAHA

13. Likes Aloss, Kove liked this post

I'm 95/150 and I felt the same way.

We "lost" the numbers but we won in the sense that we cost them a boss scroll and lost nothing really. I thought that was a cool victory. That coupled with the fact that a bunch of undergeared low level players got over 60 kills on a group so insanely geared.

15. Likes Aloss liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by matheon View Post
    I'm 95/150 and I felt the same way.

We "lost" the numbers but we won in the sense that we cost them a boss scroll and lost nothing really. I thought that was a cool victory. That coupled with the fact that a bunch of undergeared low level players got over 60 kills on a group that insanely geared.
    The boss scroll shut down was awesome. Though I do not understand their seemingly desperate attempt to complete it. Death after death.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

17. Was it a subjugation boss or a scroll boss?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thread Information