Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. SWTOR - What Grace Period?

Name:  SWTOR-1.png
Views: 1246
Size:  6.7 KB
    Today, Stephen Reid – Community Manager for EA / Bioware – linked a FAQ via twitter which announced that there will be no grace period for people who pre-ordered Star Wars : The Old Republic. That is to say – If you pre-ordered and got in to the early play program but haven’t received your hard-copy and entered your registration code by launch, you will be unable to play the game until such time as you do.

And the internet exploded.

Well over 4,000 posts were hammered out on the SWTOR forums, showing everything from apathy to the lol’s of people who went digital distro. (Like I did) to full blown nerd-rage. One guy even said something about burning cars and looting…Not kidding here.

Read Full Article at FEZ

After the initial push during pre-release I think a break while waiting for shipping won't be all that terrible.

I could be wrong though.

"Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone."

3. If you got an order with Amazon, there might be hope. Here is a screenshot of a live chat someone had with an Amazon rep.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3932/amazonconvo.png

So maybe your codes will get emailed on 20th? Hopefully! lol

Digital... wave of the future, man!

stupid first world problems

i can't play star wars for 3 days and i may have to spend that part of christmas break with my loved ones doing other stuff

I wouldn't count on Amazon reps as being the most honest people. They'll tell you what you want to hear just to get rid of you. They once told me my package was still on time and to be delivered that day when the system was showing it wasn't even shipped yet. Needless to say it didn't arrive that day.

The big problem here is the collector's edition. That's not available digitally, so those are the people most likely to get screwed by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmel View Post
    Digital... wave of the future, man!
    They shouldn't offer a $150 box set at all then

Quote Originally Posted by joebane View Post
    Name:  SWTOR-1.png
Views: 1246
Size:  6.7 KB
    Today, Stephen Reid – Community Manager for EA / Bioware – linked a FAQ via twitter which announced that there will be no grace period for people who pre-ordered Star Wars : The Old Republic. That is to say – If you pre-ordered and got in to the early play program but haven’t received your hard-copy and entered your registration code by launch, you will be unable to play the game until such time as you do.

And the internet exploded.

Well over 4,000 posts were hammered out on the SWTOR forums, showing everything from apathy to the lol’s of people who went digital distro. (Like I did) to full blown nerd-rage. One guy even said something about burning cars and looting…Not kidding here.

Read Full Article at FEZ
    This article is exactly what is wrong in the first place, anyone who got the D/DL doesn't feel the pinch from this, kinda like, eh, doesn't effect me so fuck it... Which is fine, but they need to just not say anything if they have no reason to be pissed and let those of us that are pissed be pissed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Felony View Post
    This article is exactly what is wrong in the first place, anyone who got the D/DL doesn't feel the pinch from this, kinda like, eh, doesn't effect me so fuck it... Which is fine, but they need to just not say anything if they have no reason to be pissed and let those of us that are pissed be pissed lol.
    100% agreed. The "Not my problem" mentality pisses me off. People that act like there is nothing to get upset about are the very same people who A. ordered digitally or B. Europe. Everyone knows if their digital download had a problem or their European servers were down for days they would be nerd raging just as hard.

Most posts I see from these asshats are "It's only 2 days, get over it blah blah blah." Do they not understand there are some people that are going to be shut down for a week or more due to where they live?

The Dark Lord approaches and he says "PASS THE BALL, JACKASS!"

Thread Information