Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Post SWG - We were there

Name:  Imp_EmblemSMALL.png
Views: 588
Size:  25.2 KB

As Star Wars Galaxies closes up shop, we are reminded of our trials and trbulations in years past. This is the story of one moment in time when we as a Guild "were there". We thank Joepac Maetheon for sharing his story and hope that others will do the same.

Grass and shops now cover the area where the Alamo once stood. Where boys learned to be men, where men learned to be humble, and where too often some paid the ultimate price. A few relics remain; a grim reminder and a testament to those battles of days old. In the heart of Fooville three command centers have stood for the past year, a constant reminder of the dedication and selflessness of our militia.

Many battles have been won over the years, and some have been lost. Hearts are hard and resolve is stronger than ever among the IFC ranks. Our alliances with BC, IA, and SI are stronger than ever and through them we have wrought untold destruction on the rebellion. Over one thousand tactical facilities have been destroyed, cities have been razed, and entire planets have been cleansed.

The battle for Rori ended several months ago and all has been very quiet since that time. The rebellion was shamed in that battle. Those that did not flee were slaughtered, and those that fled did so in shame. There have been skirmishes, but it seems that peace is finally near and that the rebellion has been quelled for the last time on Chilastra.

12:21 -6 Days: Undercover operative Lt. Fallon Faith receives communications from the Rebellion leader Lasvernin regarding a plan to destroy the Detachment Headquarter Complex in Fooville. The communication does not contain very many details but it is obvious that the scale of the attack will be large. Lt. Faith is directed to remain low key and report any further information.

13:27 -6 Days: IFC Command meets and Generals are briefed regarding the intercepted communication. General H’tead Oyout orders additional training exercises for the coming week. Commanders Naszen and Mocifer raise concern regarding intelligence leaks in allied ranks. It is decided the intelligence will not be shared among our allies.

21:23 -4 Days: Ambassador Joepac Maetheon informs IFC Command of a noticeable yet subtle increase in Rebellion supply acquisitions.

23:16 -4 Days: A division of rebel troops is located moving through the Keren Starport during IA’s vulnerability window. IFC Command issues a Red Alert and makes themselves battle ready by 23:24. The rebel troops attack the vulnerable command center at IA Headquarters at 23:31. IA quells this uprising without need of IFC’s intervention.

01:14 -3 Days: IFC and IA Command perform a post attack debriefing. It is noted that two rebel associations which were previously not known to directly work together had performed the attack. IA Command is apprised of the information gathered over the previous days.

03:41 -3 Days: IFC Command meets and discusses the events of the preceding days. Captain Poxic is ordered to bring up the Movement Monitoring Network for 24 hour surveillance and tracking of rebel movement over the next 7 days. IFC Command notes that vulnerability times are all synchronized for a two hour window three days from now.

06:21 -2 Days: Lt. Fallon Faith intercepts another communication from Lasvernin, this time stating a goal of having 100 or more troops ready for the attack on Fooville. It is mentioned that several Player Associations will be coordinated in the attack and that he will be leading it personally. Lt. Faith is directed to continue reporting intelligence as it is received.

04:13 -1 Day: IFC Command meets and Major Obraik reports abnormal levels of rebel activity in the AM hours. Each morning turrets have to be replaced on the bases multiple times. IFC Command realizes the rebels may be trying to run our supply out and additional turrets are brought from an off planet bunker and placed at battle ready status.

23:16 -1 Day: IFC Command received word of a vulnerable base at Mountain Peak north of Coronet on Corellia. A division of troops lead by Commander Naszen is dispatched to destroy the base, they are successful. In skirmishes immediately following the destruction of the base it is noted that there was an unusually high number of off-planet rebellion responders and their communication level indicated they were more than everyday ragtag troops.

03:21 -0 Days: Ambassador Joepac Maetheon reports extensive buying of medical equipment, foods, and spices at all monitored vendors. He makes immediate communication with IFC Command.

03:29 -0 Days: An Emergency meeting of IFC Command is called. Officers present include Joebane Maetheon, Naszen, Mocifer, H’tead, Obraik, and Moony. The upcoming vulnerability time and intelligence gathered are discussed. During the meeting Captain Poxic informs IFC Command that there is an abnormally high amount of rebellion movement. It is immediately ordered all IFC forces be brought to battle ready status.

03:38 -0 Days: IFC forces are at battle ready status with 47 troops present. They make ready for battle as trained and await instruction from their commanders. It is ordered that First Division will remain at IFC Headquarters and make themselves visible. Second Division which includes all Combat Medics will move to a safe house 1000 meters East of Fooville. Third Division will remain concealed. Vulnerability begins in fifteen minutes for BC and SI, and 20 minutes for Fooville.

04:02 -0 Days (Vulnerable): Captain Poxic reports movement of rebel squads from Dantooine to Lok. SI and BC are alerted by IFC Command. Joebane orders that all IFC troops are to remain battle ready and at their previously assigned positions. SI and BC hastily make ready for battle and based on the intelligence IFC Command has, they should be able to quell the force heading their way.

04:09 -0 Days (Vulnerable): Captain Poxic reports movement of 15-25 rebellion troops at each of two locations. One Division of troops is located near the Agrilat Swamp on Corellia, the other near the Imperial Prison on Dathomir.

04:16 -0 Days (Vulnerable): Battle begins on Lok. SI and BC call for reinforcements and IFC Command declines the request.

04:23 -0 Days (Vulnerable): Captain Poxic reports 35 to 50 rebellion troops have gathered at the Coronet Starport and are waiting to board. Simultaneously he reports a previously undetected division comprised of between 35 and 50 troops including Lasvernin is waiting to board at the Moenia Starport.

04:24 -0 Days (Vulnerable): IFC Command communicates with SI and BC and learns they are handling the battle on Lok well. It doesn’t appear it will end soon, and there is great concern that the inbound troops are heading to Lok. IFC Command realizes if they don’t move now, they won’t make it in time to assist the SI and BC bases on Lok. Commander Joebane Maetheon orders all troops to remain posted at their previous positions.

04:27 Battle: IFC Intelligence reports approximately 75 rebel troops are loading into the Theed Starport, just 1500 meters from IFC Headquarters.
    Commander Joebane Maetheon knows his troops are vastly outnumbered. There is tension in the ranks of the men and women awaiting battle. He knows there is no help available and that he will only have one chance to lead his Imperial Soldiers to victory.

In First Division 14 Master Rifleman are ordered to the hill in front of the bases, forming an arch on the soft ground overlooking Log River and the Bay of Theed. Melee militia is ordered to gather in the interior walls of the three bases. Medical Officers are ordered to stay at either flank behind the Detachment Headquarters. Second Division is ordered to begin movement in a wide arch going toward Theed in order to get behind the oncoming forces where they will meet with Third Division.

Moments later the roar of a hundred speeders can be heard and the wake of their thrusters seen in the distance. The riflemen on the hill include Commander Joebane Maetheon, who is paired with Medical Commander H’tead Oyout.

It is obvious that this will not be a war of attrition like the Battle for Lok or the War on Talus; this will be quick, decisive, and defining. The rebel troops arrive at the beach near -1050 2300 approximately 175 meters from the prone Riflemen on the hill. They stop and regroup; IFC Division One remains steadfast in its positioning. Outnumbered nearly 10:1, it is their hope the riflemen and medical personnel can use the hill to their advantage by raining down suppressing fire and bringing the enemy force into the bottleneck between the two bases.

The enemy encounters the Northern Large Turrets and quickly dispatches them. Commander Naszen orders they not be replaced, hoping this will lure the enemy into the bottleneck. Third Division reports it is halted 400 meters to the Northwest while Third Division is still concealed now to the rear of the enemy troops.

The enemy takes the bait and quickly climbs the hill under the fire of the position IFC riflemen. The riflemen hold their ground but it is obvious that relief will need to be quick, they are only holding on by a thread. Within moments Second and Third divisions merge on the beach behind the enemy and begin their attack.

Intense battle rages at the top of the hill. The riflemen break formation and push through the enemy line, meeting up with the other two divisions. The enemy has numbers, but they lack the coordination and training of the IFC forces. Within minutes the battle is over, casualties are high for the rebel soldiers and their force is decimated. In shame they clone in Theed and slowly make their way to their home planets.

IFC Command is pleased with the outcome. Later that evening, Lt. Fallon Faith reports receiving Rebellion communications which indicate that the enemy is completely demoralized. Lasvernin vows to never coordinate with other Player Associations again and publicly demeans and shames them.

The next day commendations are given to those several players who were most valiant in battle. The names include Odhran, Jermu, Jadue, and Moe’adebe. There is talk of past battles won and lost, of friends who are gone, and hope for the years ahead.

Long live the Emperor
    Joepac Maetheon, Ambassador
    Last edited by matheon; 11-03-2011 at 11:02 PM.

very well written and an entertaining read and i miss preCU SWG

Excellent! Remember the alamo!

I agree with Ghara, Pre-CU SWG was the most fun I have had to date playing MMO's.

Very good read. Sad that things like that will probably never happen again, as I never experienced them

Very nice!

Those were the days!

7. Likes joebane liked this post
    Excellent read! I remember that battle, I think it was one of the first I took part in after switching servers from Bria to Chilly to play with Joe and Turosis. Great times. I've never had as much fun in an MMO as I had in SWG Pre-CU. Looking back on pre-cu, the game wasn't perfect, but boy was it ever fun. I was never the greatest PVPer in SWG but IFC was always welcoming and made PVPing extremely fun, even if I didn't always live 'till the end of the skirmishes.

It's almost heart breaking to read a story like this one and think back on all the fun we once had, and how the game was never the same after the CU and then the dreaded NGE. I always wonder how many of us would still be playing it had it never gone through those iterations. I know I for one would still be.

That brought a tear to my eye So much fun. I miss it, and miss some of those people alot. Vassh, Fallon, and Mocifer. Sallila....

Very well written, it reminded me of the first night the rebels broke the wall with glitching on the northern end of the Alamo. We still had our cloner & shuttle in the alamo area causing some serious clone camping. Fire blankets just came out, that was also the same time as the commando nerf. We were going to lose the Alamo so I started using the health/action buff sploit ( I literally had just discovered it by accident earlier that day). Joe & Plee'ark pushed the whole rebel force back by themselves (with some medic/doc help) . I have my hopes up for SWTOR but sadly this type of gameplay with player cities & something to truly love & defend is gone (for now). I look forward to playing with everyone, I have been putting in some serious work hours the past few months to get a set scheduled so that my game time is guranteed! Going forward I am free every night after 8 & every weekend! I am very excited and extremely relieved I busted my ass for it!

11. Quote Originally Posted by htead_ouyot View Post
    Very well written, it reminded me of the first night the rebels broke the wall with glitching on the northern end of the Alamo. We still had our cloner & shuttle in the alamo area causing some serious clone camping. Fire blankets just came out, that was also the same time as the commando nerf. We were going to lose the Alamo so I started using the health/action buff sploit ( I literally had just discovered it by accident earlier that day). Joe & Plee'ark pushed the whole rebel force back by themselves (with some medic/doc help) . I have my hopes up for SWTOR but sadly this type of gameplay with player cities & something to truly love & defend is gone (for now). I look forward to playing with everyone, I have been putting in some serious work hours the past few months to get a set scheduled so that my game time is guranteed! Going forward I am free every night after 8 & every weekend! I am very excited and extremely relieved I busted my ass for it!
    I was actually thinking about that the other day, I had like 100k HAM bars. You should do a write up on the Alamo

Thread Information