Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm going to play Albion Online

As there seems to be a low point in game releases. I will be playing Albion Online (main page with recruit link). I'm not sure how much it will be at release in 2 weeks. But the cheapest founders pack is 30 bucks. Comes with 30 days premium service, (gives you faster progression and more loot / gathering loot) and you can spend in game currency to get premium as well. Can play cross platform on something like phones, macs, windows, tablets all with varying performance.

I watched a video from some guy, he said it is basically required to have a guild / group to play with to get to the better gear levels. So I'm letting you guys know I'll be playing. I can always pick up a random guild in game if nobody ends up playing.

I haven't looked at the game very much, but apparently it's a group pvp game. Certain zones are have various pvp rules, don't lose items on death, lose some items, and lose all gear you are wearing. The abilities are attached to the types of gear / weapons you are using. So you can be anything, but you have to level each one up to wear better ones.

At first look of the graphics I was like no thanks, but as I don't see something better getting released any time soon I'll play anyway. I downloaded it today, played a little bit. I started with a few tutorial quests. But then it seemed to leave it up to sandbox play, no quests. You go kill stuff of certain quality while wearing certain quality gear to progress further. Craft specific things to get better at it. Mine. etc.

Not gonna lie, I was bored immediately (I only played for an hour). But maybe it gets better when you can pvp? You can do dungeons, pvp, or go grind whatever you are leveling up. I glanced at the guild vs guild, you control territories and you can build personal crafting buildings, etc. You have some GvG to own cities to get taxes (Like BDO). You can buy shops, and people that use your shop you get money from it. Random stuff.

I'm sure you guys can do your own research as well. I didn't do much research, as another friend of mine got it so I got it to play with him.

Anyway that's all I got.

If you decide to pick up the game and don't have anyone doing recruit a friend on you. You guys can use my link if you want. So to use this link, you click the link (this sets a cookie on your website visit). It takes you to a page with "Get Albion", before you click get or buy, click register at the top right, make your account, then proceed to buy a package (if you end up getting a key first, you can apply it to your account after registering).

So the recruit a friend rewards are tiered, if you spent 100 bucks on the best package then the people you recruit gives you 2 - 3 times more per person you recruit. But since I bought the cheap one I wouldn't benefit very much, so the following link is my friends recruit link who has the best package and I'll force him trade me some rewards right!

Here is the recruit link: https://albiononline.com/?ref=UQLL45FUM8

Here is a 3 hour video from some guy that has played since alpha (like 2 - 3 years ago) if you want lots of info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38tGw07Pl-A

Anyway hit me up if you have any questions or need something.

If you use the recruit link thank you! See you around.

FootSteps

2. Thanks Dreven thanked for this post
  3. Moved to the frontpage. I'll check it out when I'm out of surgery and recovered later in the month!

4. Likes Dreven liked this post
    Awesome,

I bought this game a year or two ago and played the alpha. I will pop in and see what all has changed. It was fun back then.

6. Likes Dreven, FootSteps liked this post

Excellent, I'm curious about the group size needed to be effective for content.

I just purchased the 50$ one through that url. Any game with Ultima Online sandbox like gameplay I have to try.

9. Thanks Dreven thanked for this post
    Likes Dreven liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramane View Post
    I just purchased the 50$ one through that url. Any game with Ultima Online sandbox like gameplay I have to try.
    I played on the Chesapeake Server for years. I loved that game.
    I'm in. Purchased the Vet pack. See you guys tommorow!

So I've spent the better part of yesterday at work watching twitch streamers playing Albion. I have to admit, this is the closest thing to the MUD which stole 10 years of my life, that I've come across. With Fortnite releasing tomorrow I don't know how much time I can spend in Albion so I'm hesitant to pick it up. That being said, my willpower is non-existent so I will most likely pick Albion up tonight and begin the install. I'll use the referral link on purchase and hit up Discord when I'm ready for a session, although that may not be until Sunday or Monday.

To anyone who has been playing the past few days, what are your initial thoughts? It seems to be a solid mat grind for the initial gameplay which should give way to more action based activities later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    So I've spent the better part of yesterday at work watching twitch streamers playing Albion. I have to admit, this is the closest thing to the MUD which stole 10 years of my life, that I've come across. With Fortnite releasing tomorrow I don't know how much time I can spend in Albion so I'm hesitant to pick it up. That being said, my willpower is non-existent so I will most likely pick Albion up tonight and begin the install. I'll use the referral link on purchase and hit up Discord when I'm ready for a session, although that may not be until Sunday or Monday.

To anyone who has been playing the past few days, what are your initial thoughts? It seems to be a solid mat grind for the initial gameplay which should give way to more action based activities later on.
    I played Albion tutorial and haven't had time to really dive into it. Graphic wise it is great for low end systems, I have it on all high setting and it ran fine in the city area. I hope to be able to play more this weekend.

13. Likes Cigam liked this post

I think most of the fun is linked through guild play. I have been playing solo a little bit over the last few days, and have done a little bit of everything. I'm gonna need to join a guild soon, to capture the more fun part of the game to keep me around.

If you guys end up in a guild let me know.

15. Likes Dreven liked this post
    I'm right there with you. I have about 15 hours in so far, full tier IV Warlock but switching up some armor tonight. This game is definately going to be a game which needs groups and/or zergs. If we can get enough interest within Foo, we should do it up and get the gank squads going. Otherwise, I would like to join a guild with you and anyone else in Foo that decides to join up.

I've been watching Blackboa on twitch and he has been an amazing resource for all things Albion. He is the recruiter for Filthy Casuals. They currently have 3 full guilds of 300, totally 900. Recruiting is closed until next week when they can hash out their Discord problems as it relates to the sudden increase in population. If you have any guilds on your radar, I'm down to follow. Currently, I don't know anyone else playing the game so I don't have an 'in', anywhere. I may create my crafting alt tonight as well for quick gearing on pvp deaths. Send me a friend invite in game. "Cigam" is my main.

17. Likes Dreven liked this post

Thread Information