PDA

View Full Version : SWTOR: FU Foo

joebane
02-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Hello,

Thank you very much for applying to attend the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Guild Summit in
Austin. At this time, our attendance has reached its capacity and we are unable
to offer you a space at the event. We have added you to a waiting list and will
contact you if space becomes available.

Please do not make any travel arrangements to Austin at this time. The event
has strictly limited capacity and we will be unable to accommodate any
unconfirmed attendees on-site.

If you have any additional questions, please email guilds@swtor.com (guilds@swtor.com).

Thanks,

The Star Wars:
The Old Republic Team

And there it is.

Aramane
02-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Bummer. Do you know any GM's that are confirmed to go?

Kove
02-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Boo.

Gummy_Bear
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
that's right the man is keeping us down!

Gimlii
02-15-2012, 07:55 PM
And there it is.

Now that is an outrage

joebane
02-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Bummer. Do you know any GM's that are confirmed to go?

Yea, but I'm going to stew about it anyway.

Aynen
02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo

Brotato
02-15-2012, 08:30 PM
if it's in Austin, I'll just show up downtown lol

Niall
02-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Nice to know they didnt pick one of the largest most active guilds on a pre-release server to participate. If they done their homework right they'd know we were also one of, if not, the largest beta guilds goin also.

Personally im having big doubts about wether or not this game is for me(i love everything starwars and loved swg) but as far as time and paid subscriptions go i'd prefer to find a game that meets my needs and makes me happy rather than struggling against a developement team that have less than adequate contact with the core community(any mmo player currently looking for there next big game has dealt with this). I wont blame this on the developers but more soon the system in place to communicate with said community. To me this is just a small kick in the teeth on the long road of "oh dear... /facepalm". I dont see any system in place or even in planning where real players will be heard amongst the constant clamor of retards begging for attention to their needs.

One place you can see this 'system' working near perfectly is in wow, where theres a strong base of players who play because they want to raid(direct developer contact with all the top guilds in every region) and give really good feedback on what is and isnt working and you can see that raiding always evolves for the better. This game doesnt have a 'strong base' of anything right now and what im saying is that they should have had preperations in place to know a basic "who's who" of the community to be able to reach out and not only gather info from the general community but from the "who's who' list and try put it into practice.

With foo excluded(thus far) from the summit my doubts are growing. I say thus far because i expect that theyve invited X amount of lolguilds who wont be able to attend and we'll eventually get an invite. Having not gotten a first round invite, even if we do get on the list eventually my opinion wont change much as we're basicly backup for their 'summit'.

Holy haysus, that was a big fat rant that you can disregard if you like. Im finished.

Violet
02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
WTF? We are a back up plan? Aren't we THE longest established internet gaming community? I'd like to know who the heck they thought was worth inviting over us. That is ridiculous.

matheon
02-15-2012, 11:53 PM
WTF? We are a back up plan? Aren't we THE longest established internet gaming community? I'd like to know who the heck they thought was worth inviting over us. That is ridiculous.

but i do think this is the problem.. they either did not think about it, they thought about it incorrectly, or it is a waste of our time because it is simply for publicity and quality guild attendance is irrelevant.

Tumbarius
02-16-2012, 01:32 AM
It's simple really... They're afraid of us.

(or Joe in this case)

Rashnak
02-16-2012, 11:16 AM
It's simple really... They're afraid of us.

(or Joe in this case)

Luke: "I won't be afraid."
Yoda: "You will be... you will be."

Jadue
02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
:mad: Fucking outrage!

htead_ouyot
02-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Ed even written you have that neutralizing ability.

This is something I've taken pretty well to heart. However, I've also tried contacting IGN, GI, and a few other game related websites and gotten nothing back. I've spent a good deal of time working with an ebook publisher whose agreed to publish anything we put together. The general reply and reaction I get is one of " oh you're a group if gamers. Good for you". I realize regardless of foocon, the fact we are an entity, one of the oldest guilds in existence, and so much more. We are nothing more than a dollar amount to ea. To magazines or guild summit we are just another warm body in the room.

I have so much pride in everything we've done, I talk about foos as if I see them everyday, and love having people that keep me connected to all parts of tue world. Id like to see another guild as successful, as diverse, or as harass as us. So in short fuck EA/Bioware fags

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Gimlii
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
We are nothing more than a dollar amount to ea. To magazines or guild summit we are just another warm body in the room.

Aint that the truth

Kol_Taggar
02-17-2012, 03:27 PM
or it is a waste of our time because it is simply for publicity and quality guild attendance is irrelevant.

I think you have your answer there.

Dreven
02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
SWTOR: FU Foo

Hello,

Thank you very much for applying to attend the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Guild Summit in
Austin. At this time, our attendance has reached its capacity and we are unable
to offer you a space at the event. We have added you to a waiting list and will
contact you if space becomes available.

Please do not make any travel arrangements to Austin at this time. The event
has strictly limited capacity and we will be unable to accommodate any
unconfirmed attendees on-site.

If you have any additional questions, please email guilds@swtor.com.

Thanks,

The Star Wars:
The Old Republic Team

lol I just checked my e-mail and got 5 invites to this.

htead_ouyot
02-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Dreven, you DID get an invite or did NOT?

Zage
02-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Dreven, you DID get an invite or did NOT?

This is confusing me as well since he posted a wait list email.

joebane
02-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Is it not the same email I got?

Dreven
02-18-2012, 07:27 AM
It was a joke. I got 2 full invites to beta and 3 other invites during the rest of beta, so to get 5 invites to the event would be funny logic.
(I cut & pasted Joe's note)

This is an outrage!

Gummy_Bear
02-18-2012, 02:01 PM
It was a joke. I got 2 full invites to beta and 3 other invites during the rest of beta, so to get 5 invites to the event would be funny logic.
(I cut & pasted Joe's note)

This is an outrage!

Are you Canadian... because that joke didn't make sense.

Dreven
02-18-2012, 03:27 PM

I know they never do, eh!

Gimlii
02-23-2012, 09:22 AM

Concur, corn-fused

Ciannon
02-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I got the joke

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk