PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Month for February 2012..

Ghara
02-04-2012, 11:13 AM
On Behalf of our Guild Master Joebane,

After careful review of both public and private submissions, and after reviewing many very deserving candidates, the Player of the Month has been selected.

I am happy to announce that Kove is hereby awarded the Player of the Month title for December 2011.

This Player of the Month reward is financially sponsored by the many proud members of Foo! Want to support the next Player of the Month reward? To support this program or any other Foo program, use the “Donate” button in the secondary navigation bar.

--Interview of the Player of the Month--

I sat down with our newest Player of the Month, Kove, to talk with him about his online gaming experience, and all things Foo.

Ghara: Tell us a bit about yourself.

Kove: Cory from a city about 20 miles south of Atlanta called McDonough, GA. I work at a small sign shop here with my pops making signs and banners,

Ghara: Do you have any hobbies or crafts you enjoy?

Kove: Everything! I always like to try new things. I like bowling, shooting pool, disc golf, jammin out to music, dancing (although im no good at it!), hangin with my buds (in more ways than 1), outdoorsy stuff, playing guitar, and obviously video gaming.

Ghara: When did you join the guild and how did your membership come about?

Kove: I joined foo at the release of AOC. Kilth was a good friend of mine at the time and convinced me to build a tower and get on the mmo scene, and an awesome idea it was.

Ghara: If you have serviced or are serving as an officer, tell us about that experience.

Kove: Heh. Towards the end of Warhammer, i served as a warrant officer/main tank, it was definitely an honor to do so although the guild activity in the game was small at the time. It's a big weight to hold, and i want to thank all the time and effort that the guild leader, council, officers and warrant officers put in to foo, this community is great because of your hard work.

Ghara: What was your first impression of the guild?

Kove: TBH, i was quite intimidated. I was the newb jumping in the guild with a bunch of experienced mmoers. I didn't know quite what to expect. I tend to get a big nervous around new people anyway. :P Being new anywhere is a tough thing to deal with.

Ghara: How has that impression changed over time?

Kove: It changed as i got to know everyone in the guild over time. It took me a while to 'come out of my box' and talk to peeps and whatnot. When i first joined i didn't know what to expect out of a online gaming community. Lol, you are all people, just like me.

Ghara: What does the guild mean to you?

Kove: The guild is full of people that i 'hang out' with whenever i am online. So it is like whenever i log on, it's like i am getting together with a group of friends to do stuff, just like anything else. Foo has spoiled me though, i have played with 'scab guilds' in games and nothing even compares!

Ghara: What games have you played with Foo?

Kove: AOC, WAR, some WOW, RIFT, SW:TOR.

Ghara: What is it about the guild that has made you stick with it through the years?

Kove: Organization. Foo is so organized and real. Mature crowd that doesn't scream on vent with high pitched voices. Foo con also is an interesting thing that makes me want to stay around, it's an absolute blast and i am looking forward to going this year! Also, foo knows what it takes to win, and who doesn't like to win?

Ghara: What advice do you have for new members?

Kove: This is important. BE ACTIVE WITH THE PLAYERS IN THE GUILD, BE ON VENT AND REGULARLY GROUP WITH FOLKS. DON'T BE AFRAID TO TALK BECAUSE YOU FEEL AS IF YOU ARE NEW AND NOT QUITE 'A PART OF THE GUILD YET'.

Ghara: If you could change anything about the guild, what would it be?

Kove: I honestly cannot think of anything right now. This guild has been around a long time and, im sure, have tried many variations of just about everything and do the things the way they are done now for a reason.

Ghara: Why do you think you were chosen as POTM?

Kove: Not quite sure, lol. I know since release of TOR i have really stepped out of my bubble and been active in game and on the forums, so that would be my guess.

Ghara: What do you look forward to in the next year online?

Kove: Major overhaul on open world pvp in SW:TOR. PVP, PVP, PVP!

Ghara: What is your favorite memory gaming with Foo?

Kove: ORVR in Warhammer. Foo dominated the server and we had a lot of fun. Nothing feels better than running through a zerg twice the size of your guild group and winning.

Ghara: What kind of rig do you game with?

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...px?ID=16698665 (https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=16698665)

Built Mid 2011.

Scuba
02-04-2012, 01:19 PM
First!

Rashnak
02-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Grats Kove!

Gummy_Bear
02-04-2012, 02:00 PM
we0owe0woew0eow0e

matheon
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
congrats!!

Retspan
02-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Grats Kove!

joebane
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Grats Kove!

Ciannon
02-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Well deserved, and Grats!

Violet
02-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Congratulations!

Aynen
02-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Grats man!

Tumbarius
02-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Grats!

Dreven
02-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Well done!

Jadue
02-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Grats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobath
02-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Grats kove, keep it up!!

Darkmane
02-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Awesome congrats

Gimlii
02-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Congratz!

Khaffen
02-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Grats, sir! WELL deserved!

Jaxon
02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
little late, but grats, thanks for the help and encouragement!

Aloss
02-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Gratz!!