PDA

View Full Version : Pre-load STAR WARS: The Old Republic Now!

Aynen
12-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Early Game Access* for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is only a few days away! Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center (http://www.swtor.com/preorder/code) to pre-load the game to their computer.

In order to download the game client before Early Game Access begins, you need have already logged into your account and redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Once you have done this, you can download the game client by clicking on “My Account (http://www.swtor.com/user/account)” in the upper-right of the window and then click “Pre-Order.” On your Pre-Order page, click the large button that says “Download Game Client” to begin download of the game!
If you participated in our recent Beta Testing Weekend between November 25th and 28th and still have the game client installed, you will be able to patch this client instead of re-installing by simply launching your client, logging in and allowing the download to complete. If you did not participate in the November 25th – 28th Beta Weekend, first uninstall the Game Testing Client and then re-install to ensure your game client will function correctly during Early Game Access.

Learn more (http://www.swtor.com/early-access) about how to get ready for Early Game Access!

If you haven’t pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic yet, you still have time. Visit our Pre-Order Page (http://buy.swtor.com/us/), secure your copy of the game and redeem your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center (http://www.swtor.com/preorder/code) to pre-load the client and qualify for Early Game Access.
If you have any issues installing or patching the game client for The Old Republic, check visit the Customer Service Support section (http://www.swtor.com/support) for information and assistance.

*Customers who redeem their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center (http://www.swtor.com/preorder/code) prior to launch will be able to pre-load the Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Client before the official Game launch. Pre-loading the Game does not grant you access to the Game. Pre-Ordering the Game only allows you access to the Early Game Access period and your Color Crystal. Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. In order to continue playing the Game after the Early Game Access period, you must redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center (http://www.swtor.com/preorder/code).

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
It has a digital signature of Dec 6th. For those who didn't get the latest beta client you can pre-load the game now from the above link to start the official launcher and if you haven't already done so will take you through the 5 security questions you need to set up before launching the game.

Sixtus
12-07-2011, 12:23 PM
I think I read somewhere that if you were in the weekend beta stress test that you don't need to re-download the client. Any beta test prior to that you needed to delete the client to re-download. Correct?

Aynen
12-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I think I read somewhere that if you were in the weekend beta stress test that you don't need to re-download the client. Any beta test prior to that you needed to delete the client to re-download. Correct?

Correct. According to the FAQ if you have the client from Nov 25 you do not need to uninstall even if you got the email directing you to do so. For the rest of us unlucky sods who didn't get into Beta you can get the huge download out of the way now at least.

Felony
12-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I kept my beta client and it was a very small patch for me, I was done with it in less than a minute, then it just updates at the bottom saying "you do not have a subscription for this account"... once you get that message on the launcher you are golden!

:corkysm21:

Shady
12-07-2011, 01:50 PM
I kept my beta client and it was a very small patch for me, I was done with it in less than a minute, then it just updates at the bottom saying "you do not have a subscription for this account"... once you get that message on the launcher you are golden!

:corkysm21:

Sweet I got the same message :)

Dross
12-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Also, if you preordered the game you can log into your swtor.com acct and on the preorder page there is a new link saying download game client.

Narvise
12-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Early Game Access* for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is only a few days away! Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center to pre-load the game to their computer.

In order to download the game client before Early Game Access begins, you need have already logged into your account and redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Once you have done this, you can download the game client by clicking on “My Account” in the upper-right of the window and then click “Pre-Order.” On your Pre-Order page, click the large button that says “Download Game Client” to begin download of the game!

If you participated in our recent Beta Testing Weekend between November 25th and 28th and still have the game client installed, you will be able to patch this client instead of re-installing by simply launching your client, logging in and allowing the download to complete. If you did not participate in the November 25th – 28th Beta Weekend, first uninstall the Game Testing Client and then re-install to ensure your game client will function correctly during Early Game Access.

Learn more about how to get ready for Early Game Access!

If you haven’t pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic yet, you still have time. Visit our Pre-Order Page, secure your copy of the game and redeem your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center to pre-load the client and qualify for Early Game Access.

If you have any issues installing or patching the game client for The Old Republic, check visit the Customer Service Support section for information and assistance.

*Customers who redeem their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center prior to launch will be able to pre-load the Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Client before the official Game launch. Pre-loading the Game does not grant you access to the Game. Pre-Ordering the Game only allows you access to the Early Game Access period and your Color Crystal. Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. In order to continue playing the Game after the Early Game Access period, you must redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

matheon
12-07-2011, 05:06 PM
holy shit extra days!

Krig
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
You telling me. That Rocks.

Aramane
12-07-2011, 05:10 PM
fuckin awesome.

Felony
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
where did you find that post?

Nevermind found it!!!! WOO

Kanly
12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
:biggrin:!!!

Ciannon
12-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Moving to the front page

Dreven
12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
DL'ing now :grinning-smiley-003

joebane
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Downloading now, also got an email from them saying to download.

Dross
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
This seems to be the same download as the one from swtor.com/download. Am I correct?

Jimmel
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm curious about something: I'm probably going to pre-order this Friday. If I eventually get the Collector's Edition, will I have to wait for the actual CE to arrive to get a code that unlocks all of the exclusive digital items, or will that also some with the pre-order code I'll get in the e-mail?

Dross
12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm curious about something: I'm probably going to pre-order this Friday. If I eventually get the Collector's Edition, will I have to wait for the actual CE to arrive to get a code that unlocks all of the exclusive digital items, or will that also some with the pre-order code I'll get in the e-mail?

As for I as I've been able to tell is you have to wait. I have a preordered Limited Collector's Edition (The $150 one) and I only have access to a crystal and early access on my acct.

joebane
12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
As for I as I've been able to tell is you have to wait. I have a preordered Limited Collector's Edition (The $150 one) and I only have access to a crystal and early access on my acct.

Mine just says crystal right now too.

Simon_Grape
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Got to hand it to their download servers. Pretty fast. I'm d/ling it @ 2.6MB/ sec right now.

joebane
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Got to hand it to their download servers. Pretty fast. I'm d/ling it @ 2.6MB/ sec right now.

I'm getting about the same on my 50M connection.

fade
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Anyone fully loaded and getting a no active subscription message? Also, hopefully the email saying what server we should be put goes out soon too.

Felony
12-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Anyone fully loaded and getting a no active subscription message? Also, hopefully the email saying what server we should be put goes out soon too.
Yes fade thats how you know it is completely installed!

Aynen
12-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Be honest, how many have tried to force that play button to activate with sheer willpower? It doesn't seem to work btw :P

Zage
12-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Be honest, how many have tried to force that play button to activate with sheer willpower? It doesn't seem to work btw :P

I whispered a few sweet nothings, but I haven't resorted to force just yet.

Simon_Grape
12-07-2011, 09:56 PM

Left clicked, right clicked, middle clicked, shift clicked.......... oh wait! ... nope:icon6:

Gimlii
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
WTF!!!! Awesome, but I don't start vacation until the 17th and I got finals on the 16th.... Dude, what a temptation!

Skulgak
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I've been trying to call on the power of the dark side to make the button light up. No juice.

Zage
12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I've been trying to call on the power of the dark side to make the button light up. No juice.

It's all good, Tuesday isn't that far away. The following Tuesday is, I feel bad for people starting on launch date.

Felony
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
It's all good, Tuesday isn't that far away. The following Tuesday is, I feel bad for people starting on launch date.

I feel bad for people that pre-ordered box set CE's atm lol... Can see it now... Launch day, level 49, one bub tnl... BAM, sorry must have key code to continue...

What? /wrists.