PDA

View Full Version : SWTOR - Datacrons

joebane
11-30-2011, 03:08 AM
In some of my low-level Jedi adventuring in Star Wars: The Old Republic, I came across some of the illusive Datacrons we have heard mentioned before. Their concept certainly sounded intriguing, and I was curious to see what kind of lasting effects they would have for my character.

Datacrons are lost technology from the ancient Infinite Empire that characters may stumble upon in their adventures throughout the worlds of SWTOR. Although they’re easy to spot once in your vision, as they are glowing – they are usually in hard-to-spot areas, hidden back alleys, or otherwise normally less-traveled paths.

Read the rest at torwars.com *SPOILER ALERT* (http://torwars.com/2011/11/29/swtors-magical-mystery-boxes-datacrons/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torwars+%28TORWars%29&utm_content=FaceBook)

Jimmel
11-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Not clicking the link, because I'm trying not to spoil too much of the game, but are both Datacrons and Holocrons in the game? I've heard both from different sources. Just curious if it's just getting the two confused with one another, or if they're both in the game.

xxanderxx
11-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Not clicking the link, because I'm trying not to spoil too much of the game, but are both Datacrons and Holocrons in the game? I've heard both from different sources. Just curious if it's just getting the two confused with one another, or if they're both in the game.

I ran across Holocrons in the Sith Academy on Korriban in the Library area 2nd floor shelves.... and 2 on the Planet, one near the Shuttle, one on a cliff where you collect DNA for the scientist.... ( forgot the dang critter name)

Holocron in Library #1 is Sith Academy admission Holo

Ghara
11-30-2011, 06:56 PM
theres actually 2 holocrons in the sith academy, one on each side of the upstairs, they are codex entries or lore, also gives xps.

datacrons = 3 on korriban :)

Kilth
11-30-2011, 07:31 PM
ok ok ok, let me clear this up, first off, forget holocrons, the only holocrons in the game that are interact-able are either for a quest, or they are for a lore entry in your codex for alittle xp

DATAcrons are objects hidden on the different planets that do 1 of 2 things, 1 they can give you permanent stat increase, yes i did say permanent , and 2 they can give a matrix shard that is one fo 4 colors, red, blue, green, or yellow, these shards are used to make Relics that are similar to Trinkets in WOW, that is another much longer post about how all that works...