PDA

View Full Version : SWTOR - Ship Combat

joebane
11-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Over the years there's been a lot of coverage on IGN about BioWare's Star War: The Old Republic. Most of it dealt with combat on the ground the mechanics of each class, the companions that join your cause to fight and craft items, as well as dungeon and player versus player scenarios. Until recently none in the office had a chance to play around with the flight missions and space combat.

As it turns out, it's kind of like Star Fox. That's exactly what BioWare and Electronic Arts (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025025.html) hinted at when the feature was first announced, but even with that knowledge it's still a little jarring to play after so many hours spent with traditional quest and kill MMO mechanics.

Read Full Article at IGN (http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212853p1.html)

thogezda
12-28-2011, 09:49 AM
i am quite pleased with the space combat missions. anyone else?

Jadue
12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I enjoy the missions, however I have already noticed that some are just copied. Like the Listening Station and Ezron Outpost missions are the same things just with different level ships. I was kinda hoping for space to be like what it was in SWG, more freedom to fly around and fight NPC/player ships. I would like to see a space PVP zone/mission.

htead_ouyot
12-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I hope they add more depth later but seeing how bad eveything else is I really enjoy it. Simple fun & fast! ( and it works!)

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Aramane
12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
It would be nice to be able to increase the difficulty level of each mission. This would give the lower level missions more re-play ability. After the first 3 go grey whats the point in doing them again?

I do like them though, I find it pretty fun. They have tons of possibilities with space combat and space ships in general. I wish you could modify the look of your spaceship or apply certain mods that change the appearance in addition to stats.

Anorfidus
12-28-2011, 05:26 PM
I imagine at some point they'll allow the customization for ships. It would be cool to have "hard mode" missions or even, dare I say it, achievements to shoot for.

rosencrantz247
01-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I actually do rather like the ship combat. Nice quick diversion for free XP without warzoning (which is frustrating pre-50)