PDA

View Full Version : SWG - We were there

joebane
11-03-2011, 10:29 PM

As Star Wars Galaxies closes up shop, we are reminded of our trials and trbulations in years past. This is the story of one moment in time when we as a Guild "were there". We thank Joepac Maetheon for sharing his story and hope that others will do the same.

Grass and shops now cover the area where the Alamo once stood. Where boys learned to be men, where men learned to be humble, and where too often some paid the ultimate price. A few relics remain; a grim reminder and a testament to those battles of days old. In the heart of Fooville three command centers have stood for the past year, a constant reminder of the dedication and selflessness of our militia.

Many battles have been won over the years, and some have been lost. Hearts are hard and resolve is stronger than ever among the IFC ranks. Our alliances with BC, IA, and SI are stronger than ever and through them we have wrought untold destruction on the rebellion. Over one thousand tactical facilities have been destroyed, cities have been razed, and entire planets have been cleansed.

The battle for Rori ended several months ago and all has been very quiet since that time. The rebellion was shamed in that battle. Those that did not flee were slaughtered, and those that fled did so in shame. There have been skirmishes, but it seems that peace is finally near and that the rebellion has been quelled for the last time on Chilastra.

12:21 -6 Days: Undercover operative Lt. Fallon Faith receives communications from the Rebellion leader Lasvernin regarding a plan to destroy the Detachment Headquarter Complex in Fooville. The communication does not contain very many details but it is obvious that the scale of the attack will be large. Lt. Faith is directed to remain low key and report any further information.

13:27 -6 Days: IFC Command meets and Generals are briefed regarding the intercepted communication. General H’tead Oyout orders additional training exercises for the coming week. Commanders Naszen and Mocifer raise concern regarding intelligence leaks in allied ranks. It is decided the intelligence will not be shared among our allies.

21:23 -4 Days: Ambassador Joepac Maetheon informs IFC Command of a noticeable yet subtle increase in Rebellion supply acquisitions.

23:16 -4 Days: A division of rebel troops is located moving through the Keren Starport during IA’s vulnerability window. IFC Command issues a Red Alert and makes themselves battle ready by 23:24. The rebel troops attack the vulnerable command center at IA Headquarters at 23:31. IA quells this uprising without need of IFC’s intervention.

01:14 -3 Days: IFC and IA Command perform a post attack debriefing. It is noted that two rebel associations which were previously not known to directly work together had performed the attack. IA Command is apprised of the information gathered over the previous days.

03:41 -3 Days: IFC Command meets and discusses the events of the preceding days. Captain Poxic is ordered to bring up the Movement Monitoring Network for 24 hour surveillance and tracking of rebel movement over the next 7 days. IFC Command notes that vulnerability times are all synchronized for a two hour window three days from now.

06:21 -2 Days: Lt. Fallon Faith intercepts another communication from Lasvernin, this time stating a goal of having 100 or more troops ready for the attack on Fooville. It is mentioned that several Player Associations will be coordinated in the attack and that he will be leading it personally. Lt. Faith is directed to continue reporting intelligence as it is received.

04:13 -1 Day: IFC Command meets and Major Obraik reports abnormal levels of rebel activity in the AM hours. Each morning turrets have to be replaced on the bases multiple times. IFC Command realizes the rebels may be trying to run our supply out and additional turrets are brought from an off planet bunker and placed at battle ready status.

23:16 -1 Day: IFC Command received word of a vulnerable base at Mountain Peak north of Coronet on Corellia. A division of troops lead by Commander Naszen is dispatched to destroy the base, they are successful. In skirmishes immediately following the destruction of the base it is noted that there was an unusually high number of off-planet rebellion responders and their communication level indicated they were more than everyday ragtag troops.

03:21 -0 Days: Ambassador Joepac Maetheon reports extensive buying of medical equipment, foods, and spices at all monitored vendors. He makes immediate communication with IFC Command.

03:29 -0 Days: An Emergency meeting of IFC Command is called. Officers present include Joebane Maetheon, Naszen, Mocifer, H’tead, Obraik, and Moony. The upcoming vulnerability time and intelligence gathered are discussed. During the meeting Captain Poxic informs IFC Command that there is an abnormally high amount of rebellion movement. It is immediately ordered all IFC forces be brought to battle ready status.

03:38 -0 Days: IFC forces are at battle ready status with 47 troops present. They make ready for battle as trained and await instruction from their commanders. It is ordered that First Division will remain at IFC Headquarters and make themselves visible. Second Division which includes all Combat Medics will move to a safe house 1000 meters East of Fooville. Third Division will remain concealed. Vulnerability begins in fifteen minutes for BC and SI, and 20 minutes for Fooville.

04:02 -0 Days (Vulnerable): Captain Poxic reports movement of rebel squads from Dantooine to Lok. SI and BC are alerted by IFC Command. Joebane orders that all IFC troops are to remain battle ready and at their previously assigned positions. SI and BC hastily make ready for battle and based on the intelligence IFC Command has, they should be able to quell the force heading their way.

04:09 -0 Days (Vulnerable): Captain Poxic reports movement of 15-25 rebellion troops at each of two locations. One Division of troops is located near the Agrilat Swamp on Corellia, the other near the Imperial Prison on Dathomir.

04:16 -0 Days (Vulnerable): Battle begins on Lok. SI and BC call for reinforcements and IFC Command declines the request.

04:23 -0 Days (Vulnerable): Captain Poxic reports 35 to 50 rebellion troops have gathered at the Coronet Starport and are waiting to board. Simultaneously he reports a previously undetected division comprised of between 35 and 50 troops including Lasvernin is waiting to board at the Moenia Starport.

04:24 -0 Days (Vulnerable): IFC Command communicates with SI and BC and learns they are handling the battle on Lok well. It doesn’t appear it will end soon, and there is great concern that the inbound troops are heading to Lok. IFC Command realizes if they don’t move now, they won’t make it in time to assist the SI and BC bases on Lok. Commander Joebane Maetheon orders all troops to remain posted at their previous positions.

04:27 Battle: IFC Intelligence reports approximately 75 rebel troops are loading into the Theed Starport, just 1500 meters from IFC Headquarters.
Commander Joebane Maetheon knows his troops are vastly outnumbered. There is tension in the ranks of the men and women awaiting battle. He knows there is no help available and that he will only have one chance to lead his Imperial Soldiers to victory.

In First Division 14 Master Rifleman are ordered to the hill in front of the bases, forming an arch on the soft ground overlooking Log River and the Bay of Theed. Melee militia is ordered to gather in the interior walls of the three bases. Medical Officers are ordered to stay at either flank behind the Detachment Headquarters. Second Division is ordered to begin movement in a wide arch going toward Theed in order to get behind the oncoming forces where they will meet with Third Division.

Moments later the roar of a hundred speeders can be heard and the wake of their thrusters seen in the distance. The riflemen on the hill include Commander Joebane Maetheon, who is paired with Medical Commander H’tead Oyout.

It is obvious that this will not be a war of attrition like the Battle for Lok or the War on Talus; this will be quick, decisive, and defining. The rebel troops arrive at the beach near -1050 2300 approximately 175 meters from the prone Riflemen on the hill. They stop and regroup; IFC Division One remains steadfast in its positioning. Outnumbered nearly 10:1, it is their hope the riflemen and medical personnel can use the hill to their advantage by raining down suppressing fire and bringing the enemy force into the bottleneck between the two bases.

The enemy encounters the Northern Large Turrets and quickly dispatches them. Commander Naszen orders they not be replaced, hoping this will lure the enemy into the bottleneck. Third Division reports it is halted 400 meters to the Northwest while Third Division is still concealed now to the rear of the enemy troops.

The enemy takes the bait and quickly climbs the hill under the fire of the position IFC riflemen. The riflemen hold their ground but it is obvious that relief will need to be quick, they are only holding on by a thread. Within moments Second and Third divisions merge on the beach behind the enemy and begin their attack.

Intense battle rages at the top of the hill. The riflemen break formation and push through the enemy line, meeting up with the other two divisions. The enemy has numbers, but they lack the coordination and training of the IFC forces. Within minutes the battle is over, casualties are high for the rebel soldiers and their force is decimated. In shame they clone in Theed and slowly make their way to their home planets.

IFC Command is pleased with the outcome. Later that evening, Lt. Fallon Faith reports receiving Rebellion communications which indicate that the enemy is completely demoralized. Lasvernin vows to never coordinate with other Player Associations again and publicly demeans and shames them.

The next day commendations are given to those several players who were most valiant in battle. The names include Odhran, Jermu, Jadue, and Moe’adebe. There is talk of past battles won and lost, of friends who are gone, and hope for the years ahead.

Long live the Emperor
Joepac Maetheon, Ambassador

Ghara
11-03-2011, 11:15 PM
very well written and an entertaining read and i miss preCU SWG

Jadue
11-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Excellent! Remember the alamo!

I agree with Ghara, Pre-CU SWG was the most fun I have had to date playing MMO's.

Scuba
11-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Very good read. Sad that things like that will probably never happen again, as I never experienced them :(

Moe'adebe
11-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Very nice!

Dreven
11-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Those were the days!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/PintMuggah/screenShot0027.jpg

devoit
11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Excellent read! I remember that battle, I think it was one of the first I took part in after switching servers from Bria to Chilly to play with Joe and Turosis. Great times. I've never had as much fun in an MMO as I had in SWG Pre-CU. Looking back on pre-cu, the game wasn't perfect, but boy was it ever fun. I was never the greatest PVPer in SWG but IFC was always welcoming and made PVPing extremely fun, even if I didn't always live 'till the end of the skirmishes.

It's almost heart breaking to read a story like this one and think back on all the fun we once had, and how the game was never the same after the CU and then the dreaded NGE. I always wonder how many of us would still be playing it had it never gone through those iterations. I know I for one would still be.

Danni
11-04-2011, 10:51 AM
That brought a tear to my eye :) So much fun. I miss it, and miss some of those people alot. Vassh, Fallon, and Mocifer. Sallila....

htead_ouyot
11-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Very well written, it reminded me of the first night the rebels broke the wall with glitching on the northern end of the Alamo. We still had our cloner & shuttle in the alamo area causing some serious clone camping. Fire blankets just came out, that was also the same time as the commando nerf. We were going to lose the Alamo so I started using the health/action buff sploit ( I literally had just discovered it by accident earlier that day). Joe & Plee'ark pushed the whole rebel force back by themselves (with some medic/doc help) . I have my hopes up for SWTOR but sadly this type of gameplay with player cities & something to truly love & defend is gone (for now). I look forward to playing with everyone, I have been putting in some serious work hours the past few months to get a set scheduled so that my game time is guranteed! Going forward I am free every night after 8 & every weekend! I am very excited and extremely relieved I busted my ass for it!

joebane
11-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Very well written, it reminded me of the first night the rebels broke the wall with glitching on the northern end of the Alamo. We still had our cloner & shuttle in the alamo area causing some serious clone camping. Fire blankets just came out, that was also the same time as the commando nerf. We were going to lose the Alamo so I started using the health/action buff sploit ( I literally had just discovered it by accident earlier that day). Joe & Plee'ark pushed the whole rebel force back by themselves (with some medic/doc help) . I have my hopes up for SWTOR but sadly this type of gameplay with player cities & something to truly love & defend is gone (for now). I look forward to playing with everyone, I have been putting in some serious work hours the past few months to get a set scheduled so that my game time is guranteed! Going forward I am free every night after 8 & every weekend! I am very excited and extremely relieved I busted my ass for it!

I was actually thinking about that the other day, I had like 100k HAM bars. You should do a write up on the Alamo :)

htead_ouyot
11-04-2011, 09:31 PM
We had like 6-10 bans/warnings in a week from the alamo, sploitz, profanity, and other stuff. That was what you called a good week, and pretty sure in that same week Foo earned two of its most coveted titles: "Spoilters" & "The Ferg". We went from like 50-60actives to like 115 to slightly over 200 (I think our highest point in SWG was 264)

I may try to write the Alamo.

Kol_Taggar
11-05-2011, 01:10 AM
You forgot the part where TheRock goes running by spamming chat bubbles that say "suckit noobs"

joebane
11-05-2011, 01:12 AM
You forgot the part where TheRock goes running by spamming chat bubbles that say "suckit noobs"

Sadly he wasn't present, I imagine he was pretty incompatible with Lasvernin.

Odhran
11-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow, reading this brought back a lot of memories. I am so happy we have Joepac's vivd recollection of that event.

Gummy_Bear
11-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes! very good read!

Locri
11-20-2011, 02:03 AM
OMFG i miss those days so much most fun ive EVER had playing any game whith a great bunch of ppl such as IFC U all will 4 ever be my brothers and sisters.R.I.P. Optique the 1 instrumental in my joining foo. IFC/SWG 4-ever.much love peeps!!!!!!!

Locri
11-20-2011, 02:05 AM
And props to a guy named TECH where ever u are in the world

Locri
11-20-2011, 01:35 PM
shurr turning reb and fkn wit us from his house in foo that ding dong

Gummy_Bear
11-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Lorci, your online grammar makes me angry.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.736402,-95.465872

Locri
11-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Oh lord (

Locri
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Joe timmeh dreven or some 1 who's got some old school screens id like to see them I lost all mine pvp in theed ect thx.

Naszen
11-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Good old SWG nostalgia.

htead_ouyot
12-04-2011, 01:55 AM
THE ALAMO
MAKING A LEFT LEAVING THE IFC GUILD HALL MAKING MY WAY DOWN MAIN STREET. PASSING FWAP’S ARMORY, FALLON’S FASHIONS, AND BREASAL’S FOOD, I COULD HEAR THE RIVER GENTLY FLOWING ITS WAY TOWARD THEED PALACE. SOMEWHERE IN THE DISTANCE I COULD HERE THE KAADU’S CALLING TO EACH OTHER, JUST ANOTHER BLUE SKY DAY IN FOOVILLE ON NABOO.
FOOVILLE, A PRIME EXAMPLE OF A DEDICATED IMPERIAL CITY. NABOO IS THE EMPEROR’S HOMEWORLD, HOME OF THE EMPEROR’S RETREAT, AND NOW FOOVILLE. IMPERIAL FOO CORPS. REPRESENTED NOT JUST BEING A CITIZEN OF THE EMPIRE, BUT ALSO THE BEST OF WHAT IT MEANT TO SERVE THE EMPIRE. IFC WAS FOUNDED BY COMMANDER JOEBANE MAETHEON , HAVING ALSO FOUNDED FOOVILLE WITH THE SAME DEDICATION & PLANNING FROM THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE CITY BUILDINGS TO THE PLACEMENT OF EVERY HOUSE. FOOVILLE WAS CREATED NEAR THEED, THE VERY HEART OF NABOO AND FASTEST STARPORT IN ALL THE GALAXY. YES, IT WAS EASY TO SEE THAT THE MAN THAT CREATED FOOVILLE HAD TRULY THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING. NOW HIS GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT SINCE THE CREATION OF IFC & FOOVILLE, WAS ABOUT TO BE COMPLETE. NOT JUST ANOTHER IMPERIAL DETACHED HEADQUARTERS, RATHER A HEAVILY FORTIFIED WORK OF GENIUS, THE ALAMO.
THE ALAMO REPRESENTED IMPERIAL STRENGTH & UNITY IN THE GALAXY. WITH THE REBELS GROWING IN NUMBERS AND BOLDNESS FOLLOWING THE DESTRUCTION OF ALDERANN. THE EMPIRE WAS ON FULL ALERT, THE EMPEROR HAD ISSUED AN IMPERIAL CRACK DOWN . AN ORDER THAT HAD IMPERIAL PRESENCE ON EVERY PLANET, STAR DESTROYERS IN ORBIT, AND SQUADS ROAMING CITIES SEARCHING FOR COVERT REBELS & ILLEGAL ITEMS. WITH SO MUCH IMPERIAL ACTIVITY IFC WAS AT ITS BEST. EVERYDAY MORE AND MORE JOINED THE RANKS OF THE IMPERIAL FOO CORPS.
I WAS HEADING OVER TO VISIT WITH DR. PADDINGTON REGARDING IFC HEALTH STANDARDS & REGULATIONS. “HELLO H’TEAD, OR RATHER DOCTOR H’TEAD.” DR. PADDINGTON SAID WITH HIS USUAL ACCENT “ I COULDN’T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOUR GUIDANCE SIR, NOW WHAT IS IT YOU’D LIKE TO GO OVER?”
“THE BOY IN THE LAB HAVE COOKED UP FIRE BLANKETS H”
“BUT DON’T WE ALREADY HAVE THOSE?”
“NOT LIKE THESE, YOU ALREADY KNOW COMMANDO & BOUNTY HUNTERS USE SPECIAL FLAMER AMMO THAT MAKES THE FIRE ESPECIALLY DIFFICULT TO DEFUSE OR PUT OUT. NOW WITH THESE, WARFARE WILL CHANGE AND MORE LIVES CAN BE SAVED, LESS TIME IN BACTA HEALING WOUNDS.” DR. PADDINGTON STATED IN HIS SOMETIMES DRY VOICE. “WELL THIS WILL CERTAINLY GIVE US A BATTLE EDGE OVER THE REBELS.” I COULD SEE THE CREASES IN HIS FACE TWITCH SLIGHTLY, SOMETHING HE OFTEN DID WHEN HE WAS ABOUT TO DELIVER BAD NEWS TO HIS PATIENTS “ UNFORTUNATELY A SHIPMENT OF DATACARDS CONTAINING SCHEMATICS WAS INTERCEPTED BY REBELS AND IT IS LIKELY THEY WILL ALSO HAVE THE BLANKETS. “NONETHELESS I HAVE STARTED A BATCH IN THE FACTORIES OF FOO, IN A COUPLE OF DAYS WE SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH TO SUPPLY ALL OF IFC” LUPIN CONTINUED.
“SOUNDS LIKE GREAT NEWS, I’LL TAKE A COPY OF THE DATACARD WITH ME AND LOOK IT OVER TONIGHT. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.”
“H’TEAD, MAY I ASK WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE ALAMO?” DR. PADDINGTON LOOKING AT ME STERNLY. “WHAT DO YOU MEAN? THE ALAMO IS A SHINING EXAMPLE OF IMPERIAL STRENGTH, DEDICATION, AND PLANNING.”
“EXACTLY, RIGHT NOW THE REBELS & EMPIRE ARE PLAYING A GAME OF TUSK CAT & NUNA’S BUT EVEN A NUNA WILL LASH OUT ONCE IT HAS BEEN CORNERED. THE REBELS WILL STRIKE SOON, AND THEY WILL HAVE TO HIT A MEANINGFUL TARGET, ONE THAT COULD REALLY DEAL A BLOW TO THE EMPIRE BOTH IN MORALE & STRENGTH.” LUPIN REPLIED SITTING DOWN IN HIS OFFICE CHAIR. HE CONTINUED “ THEY DO NOT HAVE THE STRENGTH OR GULL TO ATTACK THE DEATH STAR OR COURSCANT, THAT LEAVES ONE PLACE.”

“THE ALAMO” I INTERRUPTED “COMMANDER JOEBANE JUST FINISHED BRIEFING HIS OFFICERS ON NEW SECURITY DETAILS. THE ALAMO HAS TWO ENTRANCES, ONE A SMALL PATHWAY WITH ANTI-PERSONNEL MINES THE OTHER A HIGHLY SECURE SHUTTLE PORT. THE HQ ITSELF HAS FIVE TURRET EMPLACEMENTS, ENOUGH SUPPLIES FOR SIX SCORES OF TROOPS AND MORE. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THEY’D EVER THINK OF ATTEMPTING TO ATTACK IT YET ALONE IT HAS BEEN UNDER EXTREME SECRECY.” I REPLIED NEARLY EXASPERATED TRYING TO DEFEND THE REASONING. DR. PADDINGTON TOOK A MOMENT TO LOOK AT ME THEN SIGHED HEAVILY SAYING “H, I HOPE YOU’RE RIGHT. I HAVE TO GET BACK TO WORK NOW.” I LEFT WITHOUT EXCHANGING ANOTHER WORDS, BUT NOW IT WAS DIFFERENT, NOW I HAD DOUBTS.
WE HAD THE SUPPLIES, THE TRAINING, THE SOLDIERS, THE PLANS, AND THE HOME TURF ADVANTAGE. NOT TO MENTION FOR THE SIZE OF ARMY NEEDED TO ATTACK THE ALAMO WE WOULD HAVE PLENTY OF NOTICE BECAUSE IT WAS LOCATED IN THE CENTER OF FOOVILLE SURROUNDED BY WALLS, WALLS SURROUNDED BY DEDICATED FOO’S HOMES. IT WAS GETTING DARK NOW, I LOOKED DOWN AT THE DATA CARD I WAS STILL HOLDING. THE FIRE BLANKETS, I SHOVED THE DATACARD INTO MY DOCTORS COAT POCKET AND STARTED TOWARDS THE FOOVILLE CANTINA. THE HOME TO THE FOOVILLE CANTINA IT ALWAYS TOOK ME BACK A LITTLE THE REST OF IFC & FOOVILLE WAS SO STRUCTURED WHILE HERE, IT WAS NOT. HOME TO AIR CAKES, HAVLA, SYNTHSTEAK, BESPIN PORT, AND TO THE FAMOUS FOO BOMBERS. I ORDERED A GLASS OF CORELLIAN BRANDY, TAKING A SEAT AT AN EMPTY TABLE IN THE REAR OF THE CANTINA. I STARTED TO THINK ABOUT WHAT DR. PADDINGTON SAID, COULD THE REBELS REALLY HAVE IT OUT FOR THE ALAMO? AND WERE WE REALLY PREPARED? WE HAD TO BE, WE WERE ALWAYS PREPARED. TAKING A SIP OF THE BRANDY A MALE VOICE SAID “SOMETHING ON YOUR MIND DOC?”. IT WAS AROM, IFC’S TOP SQUAD LEADER, CARBINEER, & FELLOW OFFICER. “NOTHING IMPORTANT REALLY, JUST SOMETHING I OVERHEARD. WHAT BRINGS YOU OUT? SHOULDN’T YOU BE ON SECURITY DETAIL?”. TAKING A SEAT, LOOKING OVER AT THE DANCER’S ON STAGE HE REPLIED “ I WAS ACTUALLY ON MY WAY OUT WHEN I SAW YOU SNEAKING IN ALONE OVER HERE. BESIDES I NEEDED A BREAK, I’VE HAD THE ROOKIES TRAINING WORKING AS A SQUAD BY TAKING OUT KAADU NEST. THE PEKO PEKO’S LOVE KAADU EGGS AND THE LAST THING WE WANT IS A FEW ALBATROSSES MAKING FOOVILLE THEIR NEW HUNTING GROUNDS. I’D SAY OTHER THAN THAT WE ARE SECURE ESPECIALLY WITH THAT IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS THE ALAMO. “
“IMPENETRABLE, YEAH OF COURSE”
“YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY?”
“NOT EXACTLY, IT’S JUST WITH THE EMPIRE COMING DOWN SO HARSHLY. THE REBELS ARE GOING TO LASH OUT AND THEY WILL ATTACK SOMETHING SOON.”
“AND YOU’RE THINKING THE ALAMO?”
“IT’S THE ONLY TARGET THE MAKES SENSE, NOW I’M TRYING TO THINK IF THERE WAS SOME HIDDEN WEAKNESS OR FLAW THAT HAS BEEN OVERLOOKED. I KNOW I’M JUST OVER THINKING IT, THE COMMANDER IS A MAN OF GREAT DETAIL AND HE’D NEVER MISS SOMETHING.“ AROM SAT SILENTLY STARING AT HIS JAWA BEER THEN WITHOUT LOOKING UP HE SAID “H, I WANT YOU TO MEET ME AT THE ALAMO IN A BIT.” HE GOT UP WITHOUT FINISHING HIS BEER AND LEFT THE CANTINA. I WAITED A MOMENT TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THE EVENTS THAT HAVE OCCURRED, THIS NIGHT MAY TURN OUT TO BE RATHER INTERESTING. I LEFT THE CANTINA AND CALLED FOR MY SPEEDER TO MAKE MY WAY TO THE ALAMO.
THE SHORT RIDE TO THE ALAMO SEEMED TO TAKE FOREVER AS I RODE TO ALAMO, STOPPING JUST SHORT OF THE PATHWAY TO THE ALAMO. I TOOK A MOMENT TO LOOK AT ALL OF IT, THE PRECISE PLANNING & PLACEMENT OF EVERY GARDEN, DECORATION, AND HOUSE IT WAS ALL PART OF A MUCH GREATER PLAN DESIGNED TO WARD OFF ATTACKERS, IN A WORD PERFECT. “IMPRESSIVE, ISN’T IT?” A FAMILIAR VOICE SAID FROM BEHIND, QUICKLY STANDING TO ATTENTION I REPLIED “COMMANDER JOEBANE SIR, I DIDN’T SEE YOU.”
“AT EASE OFFICER, AROM CONTACTED ME REGARDING YOUR CONCERNS.”
“SIR, I MEANT NO DISRESPECT, THE DESIGN IS PERFECT. IT IS JUST SOMETHING I OVER HEARD”
“I UNDERSTAND H, YOU’RE AN OFFICER NOW AND YOU DESERVE TO ASK QUESTIONS TO KNOW.” JOE PAUSED A MOMENT SHIFTING HIS WEIGHT SLIGHTLY. “YOU’RE RIGHT TO THINK THERE MAY BE AN ISSUE, BECAUSE THERE IS ONE POSSIBLE PROBLEM WITH THE SECURITY OF THE ALAMO. ON THE SOUTH PERIMETER WALL THE TERRAIN IS IRREGULAR, IT COULD POTENTIALLY BE DUG THROUGH EASILY. WE ARE UNABLE TO FORTIFY THE GROUND WITHOUT COMPROMISING THE WHOLE PROJECT DUE TO THE PLACEMENT OF THE HOMES, WALLS, AND MORE. AT THIS STAGE, THIS PARTICULAR RISK IS MINIMAL AS ONLY MYSELF AND MY OFFICERS ARE AWARE OF IT.”
“THAT IS A BIT MORE COMFORTING”
“WE WILL DEAL WITH IT LATER, AS WE HAVE A MUCH MORE IMPORTANT ISSUE COMING UP. THE HQ IS ALMOST AT ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT CAPABILITY HOWEVER THE LAST STEP LEAVES THE HQ VULNERABLE TO SELF DESTRUCTION. ONE OF THE EMPIRE’S BUILT IN DEFENSES TO PREVENT SUCH HIGHLY CLASSIFIED INFO & MATERIALS TO FALL INTO REBEL HANDS. THIS POSES A SERIOUS PROBLEM, AND THE REASON FOR SUCH DISCRETION. THE HQ WILL BE ITS MOST VULNERABLE AT THAT TIME AND WE WILL NEED TO INCREASE SECURITY TEN FOLD FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE PROJECT.
“I SHOULD GO AND MOBILIZE THE MEDICAL TEAM & DEFENSE TROOPS INTO POSITION.”
“I’VE ALREADY TAKEN CARE OF THAT DOC, PREPARATIONS STARTED WHEN I LEFT THE CANTINA.” AROM SAID WALKING FROM THE DIRECTION OF THE ALAMO.
“HEY AROM, I TAKE IT ALL THE PLANNING WAS TO REDUCE REBEL VISIBILITY?” I ASKED A LITTLE MORE REASSURED. JOEBANE ANSWERED “ THE REBELS ARE MORE RESOURCEFUL THAN THE EMPIRE WOULD LIKE TO ADMIT. THEIR BOTHAN SPY NETWORK IS VERY EFFICIENT AND THEREFORE THE HIGHEST DISCRETION IS NEEDED. NOW, EXCUSE ME AS I MUST PREPARE FOR THE NIGHT AHEAD.” HE TURNED AND STRODE OFF IN HIS TYPICAL LEADERSHIP STRIDE. I TURNED TO AROM ASKING “DO YOU THINK THE REBELS WILL ACTUALLY ATTACK US HERE”? AROM GRUNTED BACK “YOU SAID SO YOURSELF, WE ARE THEIR BEST TARGET”. I PAUSED A MOMENT TO REFOCUS MYSELF “EXCUSE ME SQUAD LEADER, I MUST GO AND PREPARE MY DROIDS”. “SURE THING DOC, I’LL SEE YOU LATER.” HE SAID WITH A BIT OF GRIM TO HIS VOICE. I WAS JUST GETTING BACK ON MY SPEEDER WHEN AROM TURNED TO SAY “OH AND DOC, YOU MIGHT WANT TO BREAK OUT THAT NEW POLEARM NIERNAKKA BROUGHT BACK FROM DATHOMIR FOR YOU. I HAVE A FEELING WE’LL NEED IT”. I SAT A MOMENT LONGER AND WATCHED HIM WALK INTO THE SHADOWS OF THE PATHWAY TOWARDS THE ALAMO, THINKING OF WHAT WAS TO COME.
I ENTERED OUYOT MANOR HEADING STRAIGHT TOWARDS THE ARMORY IN THE BASEMENT. IN THE CRATE, WRAPPED IN A FINE DATHOMIR SPIDER SILK CLOTH WAS THE NEW VIBROAXE NIERNAKKA THE WOOKIE BROUGHT ME. HE OBTAINED THE AXE IN HIS DEALINGS WITH THE NIGHTSISTERS CLAN, HE WAS ON A MISSION TO CAPTURE AND TRAIN A RANCOR FOR LADY OPTIQUE. THE VIBROAXE ITSELF LOOKED JUST LIKE ANY OTHER EXCEPT FOR THREE SMALL INSCRIPTIONS ON THE HILT. THEY WERE WRITTEN IN THE NATIVE LANGUAGE OF THE NIGHTSISTERS. THE NIGHTSISTERS ARE FORCE SENSITIVE AND ARE OFTEN CALLED WITCHES OF DATHOMIR, THEY HAD POWERS MOST DID NOT UNDERSTAND. WHEN I HELD THE AXE IN A BATTLE STANCE THE INSCRIPTIONS BEGAN TO SOFTLY GLOW FROM BLUES TO PURPLES. NIERNAKKA SAID THE WITCH WHO GAVE THE AXE TO HIM SAID IT WAS USED BY AN ELDER DURING THE SINGING MOUNTAIN CLAN & NIGHTSISTER WARS. THE ELDER WAS KNOWN AS A GREAT WARRIOR WHO HAD A UNCANNY ABILITY TO POISIN, DISEASE, AND SET A MAN’S MIND ON FIRE, IT WAS SAID THE ELDER PASSED THE ABILITY INTO THE VIBROAXE.
I TOOK UP PRACTICING PIKEMEN ONLY AS A SELF DEFENSE WHILE I TENDED TO PATIENCE ON THE FIELD. IT GAVE ME RANGE WITHOUT SACRIFICING DEFENSE. I TOOK IT UP REGARDLESS OF MY PEERS URGING ME TO TAKE UP TERSA KASI OR FENCING INSTEAD. I BELIEVE THE REASON NIERNAKKA GAVE ME THE AXE WAS THAT NO ONE ELSE KNEW HOW TO USE THEM, LUCKY ME. I MADE MY WAY UPSTAIRS TO PREPARE OUYOT, MY R2 ASTRO DROID, HE WAS OUT FITTED WITH THE LATEST MEDICAL MODULES. IT ALLOWED ME TO APPLY & CONDUCT EVEN THE MOST COMPLICATED PROCEDURES IN THE FIELD. EVEN THE WORST WOUNDS I COULD MEND ON THE FLY, EVEN ONES MADE BY FIRE FROM A COMMANDO’S FLAME THROWER. THE FIRE BLANKETS, I HAD ALMOST FORGOTTEN WITH EVERYTHING THAT HAD HAPPENED. I REACHED INTO MY DOCTORS COAT POCKET AND PULLED OUT THE DATACARD. THEN IT DAWNED ON ME WHY PADDINGTON GAVE ME THE BRIEFING, AND ASKED ME ABOUT THE ALAMO. HE WAS TRYING TO TELL ME ABOUT THE WALL WEAKNESS. HOW COULD I BE SO THICK? HE WAS TRYING TO GIVE ME THE HINT AND ALL I COULD DO WAS SIT AND THINK ABOUT IT. I RAN BACK TO MY ARMORY AND FLUNG OPEN MY ARMOR CACHE. THERE IN THE WHITE LIGHT OF MY ARMOR CABINET WAS MY OFFICER ISSUED COMPOSITE ARMOR, PAINTED WITH THE ALL TOO FAMILIAR AQUA BLUE & FOREST GREEN COLORING. THE COMPOSITE ARMOR FOR OFFICERS HAD KRAYT SCALE REINFORCING ON EVERY PIECE MAKING IT THAT MUCH MORE DURABLE THAN STANDARD ISSUE. I TRIED ON FOR THE FIRST TIME THE SPECIAL CLOTHES FALLON FAITH HAD MADE ESPECIALLY FOR ME. HER AND I HAD TALKED ABOUT MAKING SPECIAL CLOTHING TO BE LESS HINDERING AND ALLOW MORE PRECISE MOVEMENT FOR BETTER PROCEDURES, MAKING ME MORE PROFICIENT AT MY DUTIES. SOMETHING I FEEL MAY BE VERY NEEDED TONIGHT.
MAKING MY WAY BACK TO THE ALAMO I COULD SEE THE WHOLE CITY HAD GONE INTO FULL ALERT STATUS. EVERYONE WAS MOVING WITH A PURPOSE NOW. I APPROACHED THE PATHWAY ONLY TO BE SUDDENLY STOPPED BY A YOUNG ENSIGN.
“HALT, YOU ARE IN A RESTRICTED AREA.”
“MY APOLOGIZES I AM MERELY TRYING TO GET TO POST” I SAID REMOVING MY HELMET. “OFFICER H’TEAD OUYOT, NO SIR MY APOLOGIZES, WE HAVE ORDERS TO LOCK DOWN THE AREA TO EVERYONE” THE YOUNG RECRUIT SAID TRYING TO SOUND CONFIDENT. “NO APOLOGY NEEDED TROOPER, I’LL BE ON MY WAY AND KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN.” I COULD HIM STAND A LITTLE STRAIGHTER AT MY COMMENT AS HE SALUTED I CONTINUED OFF TOWARDS THE ALAMO ON FOOT. ALL THE TIME, ALL THE LABOR, ALL THE DEDICATION, AND ALL THE PLANNING COMING TO FRUITION. HERE IT WAS, AS IF SEEING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME I STOOD IN AWE AT THE SIGHT OF IT. IFC PERSONNEL WERE EVERYWHERE, RUNNING BETWEEN TURRETS, CHECKING THE SHUTTLE AND LANDING PAD. MEDICAL DROIDS BEING RUSHED INTO THE CLONING FACILITY, SO MUCH HAPPENING AT ONCE. IT ALL HAPPENED IN SUCH A SHORT TIME, JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE GRAND SCHEME OF OUR COMMANDER AT WORK. I SAW A GROUP OF OFFICERS STANDING IN THE FRONT DOORWAY OF THE ALAMO AND RAN TOWARDS THEM WITH OUYOT RIGHT BEHIND ME.
“EVENING DR. H” OPTIQUE MARQUIS GREETED ME WITH A SMILE ON HER FACE. THERE WE WERE, THE IFC OFFICERS SURROUNDED BY A REGIMENT OF NEAR TO FAIRLY TROOPS, A HANDFUL OF EXPERIENCED VETERANS AMONGST ALL OF IT. THEN THE CHAOS SEEMED TO SETTLE FOR A MOMENT, COMMANDER JOEBANE WAS COMING DOWN THE PATHWAY. “EVENING OFFICERS.” HE SAID DRYLY. IN UNISON WE REPLIED “EVENING COMMANDER JOEBANE”. HE TOOK A MOMENT TO LOOK AT EACH ONE OF US BEFORE HE SAID “I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL PREPARED FOR TONIGHT. I AM NOT EXPECTING ANY REBEL INTRUSION, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE LAX ON THE SECURITY. I WANT YOUR BEST TONIGHT, FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES”. WE ALL LOOKED AT ONE ANOTHER AS IF DEEP DOWN WE ALL KNEW THE SAME THING, THAT TONIGHT WE WERE IN FOR MORE THAN WE COULD IMAGINE.
THEN ALL AT ONCE TIME STOOD STILL, I DON’T THINK ANYONE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE FIRST FOR MOMENTS. RATHER NO ONE WANTED TO BELIEVE IT WHAT HAD JUST TAKEN PLACE. FOR THAT BRIEF MOMENT I FELT SOMETHING, I FELT REGRET, REGRET FOR NOT DOING MY JOB BETTER. REGRET FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO GET TO EVERYONE. REGRET FOR NOT DOING A BETTER JOB OF REINFORCING THE SOUTH WALL. THE AIR WAS FILLED WITH DUST, DIRT, AND DEBRIS AND THEN PLASMA & LASERS SHOTS CAME BLAZING OUT OF THE SMOKE FROM THE SOUTH WALL. THERE WERE TROOPERS WHO GOT CAUGHT IN THE BLAST, THEY HAD NO CHANCE AT ALL, BUT THE ONES WHO WERE EITHER FROZEN WITH FEAR OR PINNED DOWN, I WANTED TO GET TO THEM AND HELP THEM BUT KNEW BETTER. WE GATHERED OUR BEARING AND MADE A QUICK RETREAT INTO THE HQ, WE TRIED LAYING DOWN COVER FIRE BUT IN ALL THE CHAOS IT WAS ALL WILD BLASTING.
I TRIED TO TEND TO THE WOUNDED QUICKLY BUT THEIR WAS TOO MANY TOO QUICKLY. AS I WAS TENDING TO A UNCONSCIENCE PATIENT I LOOKED UP, TRYING TO UNDERSTAND HOW THIS HAPPENED. I SAW COMMANDER JOEBANE TALKING WITH THE OTHER OFFICERS UNDER COVER, BUT BEFORE HE EVEN SAID IT WE ALL KNEW IT. THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED. IMPERIAL FOO CORPS AND FOOVILLE HAD BEEN BETRAYED, BY WHO WE DON’T KNOW BUT AT THIS MOMENT IT DIDN’T MATTER. THE ACT HAD BEEN DONE, AND NOW WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO FIGHT, TO FIGHT FOR THE ALAMO.

CUT OFF FROM THE REST OF FOOVILLE, THE REBELS WERE OVERWHELMING THE REMAINING FOOS OUTSIDE THE HQ. IF WE WERE GOING TO ACT, NOW WAS THE TIME. COMMANDER JOEBANE SPOKE QUICKLY AND CLEARLY “WE NEED TO RETAKE THE CLONER AND LURE THE REBELS OUT OF THE ALAMO PERIMETER. OPTIQUE, JADUE, & AROM YOU TWO REMAIN IN THE HQ AND PREVENT THEM FROM ENTERING AND STARTING THE COUNTDOWN, THEY ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THAT. PLEE’ARK , MYSELF, SALILAA, VASHH, TUATHA, AND H’TEAD WE WILL MAKE A RUN THROUGH THE PATHWAY TO THE RIVER, WE WILL USE THE CITY TO OUR ADVANTAGE, WE KNOW THE LAYOUT BETTER THAN THEY DO. “
“JOEBANE, I HAVE AN IDEA I’M NOT SURE HOW WELL IT’LL WORK BUT IT MIGHT BE OUR BEST SHOT. DR. PADDINGTON & I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A WAY TO OVER EXELERATE BLOOD CLOTTING AND A BODY’S NATURAL RESTORATION. WHILE I CANNOT MEND OR AUGMENT YOUR MIND, THIS SHOULD PROVE TO BE MORE THAN HELPFUL”.
“WE HAVE LITTLE TIME, HURRY H” JOE SAID WITH MORE URGENCY IN HIS VOICE THIS TIME. MOVING QUICKLY I APPLIED THE ENHANCEMENTS TO COMMANDER JOEBANE, THE RESULTS WERE QUICK TO SHOW. AFTER I FINISHED APPLYING THE LAST OF THE ENHANCEMENTS I REALIZED I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO APPLY IT A SECOND TIME. “COMMANDER UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS ALL I HAVE PREPARED FOR, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY TO ANYONE ELSE” I BIT OUT GRIMLY. JOEBANE OPENED AND CLOSED HIS HANDS A FEW TIMES, TRYING TO GET A FEEL FOR THE ENHANCEMENTS COURSING THROUGH HIS VEINS. I HAD NOT TESTED THIS, NOR WAS I SURE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS, BUT WE HAD NO OTHER OPTIONS AND THIS SEEMED LIKE THE BEST ACTION TO TAKE. “THEN WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE IT COUNT, WE HAVE NO MORE TIME TO SPARE.” JOE SAID AS HE STOOD UP TO HIS FULL HEIGHT UNHOLSTERING HIS WEAPONS. “TIME TO ACT FOOS”.
WHEN THE DOOR TO THE HQ SLID OPEN I COULDN’T BELIEVE MY EYES, SO MUCH DESTRUCTION AND DEATH WAS EVERYWHERE I LOOKED. JUST MOMENTS AGO, THERE WAS ORDER AND STRUCTURE ALSO STRENGTH AND SAFETY. NO TIME FOR REMORSE, I REACHED BACK AND GRABBED THE DATHOMIR VIBROAXE. I FELT A SORT OF ODD ENERGY COMING FROM IT. NOT ODD, BUT AS IF IT WAS TRYING TO REACH OUT AND GIVE ME ITS STRENGTH. THE FIRST WAVE OF REBELS WERE BEFORE US IN A FLASH, JOEBANE BROUGHT THEM DOWN IN A BLAZE OF FIRE FROM HIS FLAME THROWER. THE SECOND WAVE APPEARED JUST AS QUICK, PLEE’ARK TREATED THEM TO A SIMILAR FATE. VASHH AND SALILAA PUSH PAST THE SCORCHING CORPSES TAKING DOWN THE NEXT SET OF REBELS TO MEET THEM HEAD ON. I WAS FOLLOWING CLOSELY TO COMMANDER JOEBANE, WITH PLEE’ARK FOLLOWING ME. WE MADE IT TO THE PATHWAY, PAST ALL THE BODIES & MESS STREWN ABOUT EVERYWHERE. REBELS SEEMED TO APPEAR AND FALL SO QUICKLY I COULDN’T KEEP UP. I JUST KEPT FOCUSING ON KEEPING THE TEAM HEALED UP, AND THEN AS WE REACHED THE MOUTH OF THE PATHWAY I FELT A SURGE OF ENERGY FROM THE VIBROAXE. AND JUST LIKE THAT A SET OF FLAMETHROWERS AND BLASTER FIRE CAME AT US FROM ALL DIRECTIONS. I LOOKED BUT IN THE MOMENT I TOOK COVER JOEBANE HAD MADE A MAD DASH PAST ALL OF IT SOMEHOW, JADUE & SALILAA HAD CAUGHT FIRE PLEE’ARK AND TUATHA WERE ALREADY MAKING THEIR WAY TOWARDS A LARGE GROUP OF REBELS. I WAS CLOSE ENOUGH TO REALIZE WHAT I SAW ON THE ARMOR OF THE REBELS, IT WAS THE SYMBOL OF A WELL KNOWN REBEL SYNDICATE CALLED IFU. I KNEW THE CODENAMES, I KNEW THEM WELL ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THEY WEREN’T TO BE UNDERESTIMATED.
I OPENED THE FIRE BLANKET MODULE I BROUGHT WITH ME, CURSING MYSELF FOR NOT PREPARING BETTER. I ONLY HAD A HANDFUL OF THEM TO USE. I’D HAVE TO USE THEM WISELY FOR THIS FIGHT, AFTERALL NOW WE WERE ABLE TO REACH THE RIVER. I QUICKLY APPLIED THE BLANKETS TO SALILAA & VASHH, GAVE THEM SOME STIMS AND THEN GOT READY TO FIGHT. MY FIRST FIGHT, IWAZ A REBEL PISTOLEER, AND A WELL KNOWN DIRTY FIGHTER. I HAD TANGLED WITH HIM BEFORE, THEN I WAS NEW TO THE EMPIRE AND NEW TO THE WHOLE GALATIC CIVIL WAR, TODAY WOULD BE DIFFERENT.
HIS EYES NARROWED ON ME, HIS HANDS MOVED LIKE LIGHTNING, THE FIRST FEW BLASTER BOLTS I MANAGED TO DODGE WERE EITHER PURE LUCK OR SOME INATE REACTION. DODGING & WEAVING I WAS ATTEMPTING TO CLOSE THE DISTANCE AS HE ATTEMPTED TO DO JUST THE OPPOSITE. BLASTER FIRE WAS ALL I SAW, I TIGHTENED MY GRIP ON THE VIBROAXE FEELING THE SURGE OF POWER COMING FROM IT. I MOVED QUICKER THAN I HAVE EVER MOVED CLOSING IN ON IWAZ, EVERY STEP CLOSER FELT LIKE ANOTHER STEP CLOSER TO VICTORY I KNEW IF I COULD GET CLOSE ENOUGH I COULD LAND A FEW CRIPPLING BLOWS. THEN HE WENT INTO A ROLL TO A KNEE FOLLOWED BY A PRECISE VOLLEY OF PISTOL FIRE. I FELT THE HOT FIRE PAIN IN MY THIGH AS I WENT TO THE GROUND, AND THEN THE AXE AS IF SPEAKING TO ME RELEASED ANOTHER SURGE OF ENERGY INTO MY HAND AND THROUGH MY BODY. I QUICKLY INJECTED A HIGH OUTPUT STIM PACK “D” FEELING ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT I JUMPED BACK TO MY FEET INTO A FULL SPRINT. IWAZ STUMBLED BACKWARDS SHOOTING A FEW AWKWARD SHORT VOLLEYS.
TWENTY-FIVE METERS THEN TWENTY METERS, JUST FIVE MORE METERS AND I COULD PERFORM A EXTENDED POLEARM LUNGE AT MY ENEMY, THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED. I CLOSED IN, THREE METERS LEFT, THEN TWO METERS, AND FINALLY ZERO METERS. I LUNGED THROUGH THE AIR, I COULD SMELL THE IONIZED WAVES FROM ALL THE BLASTER SHOTS AS I SAILED TOWARDS MY TARGET. MY VIBROAXE WAS DEAD ON TARGET, IT MADE CONTACT WITH HIS RIGHT LEG. IWAZ DROPPED TO A KNEEL, CLEARLY IN PAIN BUT I HAD NO TIME FOR PASSION EVEN AS A DOCTOR, I COULD FEEL THE ENERGY FROM MY AXE NOW IT FELT PULSING AND HUNGRY. HUNGRY FOR MORE, IT HAD ITS TASTE OF BLOOD & WARFARE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN WHO KNOWS HOW LONG, AND IT WANTED MORE. I LET GO AND LET IT GUIDE ME, I DON’T KNOW IF IT WAS REALLY ME STRIKING THE BLOWS OR THE AXE. I MADE A ARCING MOTION WITH THE AXE AND SWEPT THE LEGS OUT FROM UNDER MY OPPONET. HE FELL TO HIS BACK AND LOOKED UP AT ME, I RAISED MY ARMS HIGH AND BROUGHT THE TIP OF THE AXE DOWN HARD TO A PLEASING CRACKING NOISE FOLLOWED BY A THROAT GURGLING NOISE. I KNEW I HAD CRACKED A RIB AND HIS BREASTPLATE, ONE MORE BLOW LEFT. I RAISED MY ARMS HIGH IN THE AIR READYING TO LAND THE LAST BLOW. I COULD FEEL THE ENERGY FROM THE VIBROAXE RUNNING THROUGH ME. I STARTED TO BRING DOWN THE AXE ONE LAST TIME WHEN A PAIR OF HANDS REACHED OUT AND STOPPED ME. IN A PLAINLY STERN VOICE JOEBANE SAID “OFFICER H’TEAD, YOU’RE NEEDED AT THE CLONING FACILITY. THE REBELS HAVE BEEN DEFEATED AND THEY ARE IN FULL RETREAT.” OUR EYES MET, I WANTED SO BADLY TO BRING THE AXE DOWN HARD ON IWAZ TO FINISH HIM BUT JOE WOULD NOT RELINQUISH HIS GRIP. JOEBANE REPEATED “OFFICER H’TEAD, YOU’RE SERVICES ARE NEEDED AT THE CLONING CENTER IMMEDIATELY.” I FINALLY CONCEDED AND LET MY ARMS DROP TO MY SIDE WITH A SIGH. I TOOK ONE LAST LOOK AT MY OPPONET, I COULD SEE THE EFFECTS OF THE AXE TAKING AFFECT, HE WOULD BE DEAD SOON ANYHOW.
AS I MADE MY WAY TO THE CLONING CENTER IFC WAS ALREADY CLEANING UP THE DEBRIS & MESS SCATTERED ABOUT EVERYWHERE. I HAD A LOT TO THINK ABOUT REGARDING THE LAST TWELVE HOURS. RIGHT NOW I NEEDED TO FOCUS ON MY DUTIES AS MEDICAL OFFICER, THEIR WERE LOTS OF SUFFERING AND WOUNDED FOOS THAT NEEDED MY CARE. I WOULD JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND DEAL WITH MY OWN DEMONS ANOTHER TIME.
IT WAS MID MORNING THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I WAS EXTRACTING THE FINAL DROPS OF BACTA FROM MY LAST FEW PATIENCE. THE DOOR TO MY MEDICAL FACILITY SLID OPEN AND IN WALKED COMMANDER JOEBANE. HE WAS TAKING HIS TIME, VISITING EVERY SOLDIER PERSONALLY THANKING THEM FOR THEIR SERVICES AND WISHING THEM A QUICK RECOVERY. “GOOD MORNING DOCTOR, HOW ARE THINGS?” HE SAID WARMLY. “GOOD ACTUALLY JUST WORKING ON EXTRACTING THE LAST OF THE BACTA FROM THE LAST FEW PATIENCE NOW, EVERY DROP COUNTS”. “GOOD, I’D LIKE TO TALK TO YOU IN PRIVATE. I WILL WAIT FOR YOU IN YOUR OFFICE WHILE YOU FINISH”. HE TURNED AND WALKED TOWARDS THE OFFICE. I GOT THE LAST FEW DROPS OF BACTA AND SENT THE SOLDIER ON HIS WAY. WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE? A CONGRATULATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE? OR THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE BETTER SPEECH.
“LAST NIGHT I SAW SOMETHING I WAS NOT PREPARED OR EXPECTED TO SEE.” HE STARTED THE MOMENT I WALKED INTO THE ROOM.
“WE JUST NEED TO CHECK ALL RECENT COMMUNICATIONS AND START A RESEARCH TEAM TO FIND THE SPY TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF SOON.”
“THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE, BUT I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU H. I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU ACT LIKE THAT, YOU ARE A OFFICER OF IFC AND A DOCTOR, SEEKING DEATH MAY BE THE CASE FOR OTHER WARRIORS BUT NEVER YOU.”
“I AGREE, I DON’T KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME. ACTUALLY I DO, THAT VIBROAXE MAYBE BUT HOW?”
“YOU MUST MEAN THE DATHOMIR WEAPON. WELL NIGHTSISTERS ARE FORCE SENSITIVE CREATURES, YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT JEDI & SITH ARE CAPABLE OF CREATING HOLOCRONS. WELL THEY CAN PASS ON THEIR POWER AND EVEN THEIR SOULD IN ANY OBJECT. WHILE SOME SEE THESE ITEMS ARE ARTIFACTS OF POWER, OTHERS SEE THEM AS DEVICES OF EVIL.”
“WHAT DO YOU SEE THEM AS?”
“I BELIEVE IT IS USER SPECIFIC. IF YOU AREN’T AWARE OF IT, IT MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT TO CONTROL. NOW THAT YOU KNOW, YOU MUST MAKE A CONSCIENCE EFFORT TO KEEP YOURSELF IN CONTROL WHEN WIELDING THAT WEAPON. WE WON LAST NIGHT H, BARELY BUT WE WON. THERE IS A LOT THAT WILL BE CHANING GOING FORWARD AND I WANT EVERYONE PERPARED FOR IT. HAVE A GOOD DAY H.” JOE LEFT WITHOUT SAYING ANOTHER WORD. I SAT IN MY OFFICE THINKING TO MYSELF. THE REBELS HAD BEEN BEATEN AND WE WON THAT BATTLE, BUT NOW THEY WILL WANT REVENGE MAYBE WE HAD IT EASY THIS TIME. WHAT DID JOE MEAN ABOUT CONTROL? CAN I CONTROL THE AXE OR WILL IT CONTROL ME? ONLY TIME WILL TELL, BUT FROM THIS DAY FORWARD NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME.

H’TEAD OUYOT -

htead_ouyot
12-04-2011, 01:56 AM
I will do my best to edit this seeing how copy & paste from word doesn't look as good. My bad.

Scuba
12-04-2011, 02:09 AM
holy crap man. that hurts my eyes.

joebane
12-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Be worth it's own posts IMO, needs formatting .. makes eyes bleed...

joebane
12-04-2011, 02:36 AM
After reading I'd say that's some excellent writing that deserves an edit and a place in the new guild history section we are creating with the new CMS. Anyone want to take a stab at editing this for H?

Danni
12-04-2011, 08:58 AM
After reading I'd say that's some excellent writing that deserves an edit and a place in the new guild history section we are creating with the new CMS. Anyone want to take a stab at editing this for H?

Sure thing, Mr. Joeband Sir

sheesh 6 printed pages LOL

htead_ouyot
12-04-2011, 11:09 AM

The Word document is completely edited but will not copy & paste into forums! Appreciate the help! I will upload it right away less editing needed. Check the "works in progess" Named the Alamo.

Ciannon
12-04-2011, 11:33 AM
The Word document is completely edited but will not copy & paste into forums! Appreciate the help! I will upload it right away less editing needed. Check the "works in progess" Named the Alamo.

If your settings, for the forums, chose the
<input name="showvbcode" id="rb_vbcode2" value="2" tabindex="1" checked="checked" type="radio"> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing option.

or.... Copy and past into Notepad, and then copy and past into the forums.

htead_ouyot
12-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Okay, I will make sure to do so. I had been working on it all day. In fact the last page and a half even though I both save frequently and have auto-save every5mins, word did something weird and wiped it. So around midnight I had to retype it all..... I might do some editing today on it. But overall thanks for the help hope you enjoyed it

Danni
12-04-2011, 01:39 PM
The Alamo

Making a left leaving the IFC Guild Hall, then making my way down Main Street, I passed Fwap's Armory, Fallon's Fashions, and Breasals' Foods, I could hear the river gently flowing it's way toward Theed Palace. Somewhere in the distance I could hear the Kaadus calling to each other. Just another blue sky day in Fooville on Naboo. Fooville was a prime example of a dedicated Imperial City. Naboo is the Emperor's homeworld, home of the Emperor's Retreat, and now Fooville. Imperial Foo Corps represented not just being a citizen of the Empire, but also the best of what it meant to serve the Empire. IFC was founded by Commander Joebane Maetheon, having also founded Fooville with the same dedication and planning from the construction of the city buildings to the placement of every house. Fooville was created near Theed, the very heart of Naboo and fastest Starport in all the Galaxy. Yes, it was easy to see that the man that created Fooville had truly thought of everything. Now his greatest achievement since the creation of IFC and Fooville was about to be complete. It was not just another Imperial Detached Headquarters, but rather a heavily fortified work of genius, The Alamo.

The Alamo represented Imperial strength and unity in the Galaxy. With the Rebels growing in numbers and boldness following the destruction of Alderann, the Empire was on full alert. The Emperor had issued an Imperial crackdown, an order that had Imperial presence on every planet, Star Destroyers in orbit, and squads roaming cities searching for covert Rebels and illegal items. With so much Imperial activity, IFC was at it's best. Everyday more and more joined the ranks of the Imperial Foo Corps.

I was heading over to visit with Dr. Paddington regarding IFC health standards and regulations. "Hello H'tead or rather, Dr. H'tead.', Dr. Paddington said with his usual accent, "I'd couldn't have done it without your guidance, Sir. Now, what is it you'd like to go over? The boys in the Lab have cooked up fire blankets, H!"
"But, don't we already have those?"
"Not like these. You already know Commando and Bounty Hunters us special flamer ammo that makes the fire especially difficult to defuse or put out. Now with these, warfare will change and more lives will be saved with less time in bacta, healing wounds.", Dr. Paddington stated in his sometimes dry voice. "Well, this will certainly give us a battle edge over the Rebels." I could see the creases in his face twitch slightly, something he often did when he was about to deliver bad news to his patients. "Unfortunately, a shipment of data cards containing this schematic was intercepted by Rebels, and it is likely they will also have the blankets. Nonetheless, I have started a batch in the factories of Foo. In a couple of days we should have enough to supply all of IFC", Paddington continued.
"Sounds like great news. I'll take a copy of the datacard with me and look it over tonight. Have a good night."
"H'tead, may I ask what do you think of the Alamo?", Dr Paddington looked at me sternly.
"What do you mean? The Alamo is a shining example of Imperial strength, dedication, and planning."
"Exactly. Right now the Rebels and the Empire are playing a game of Tusk Cat and Nunas, but even a Nuna will lash out once it has been cornered. The Rebels will strike soon, and they will have to hit a meaningful target, one that could really deal a blow to the Empire both in morale and strength.", Dr. Paddington replied sitting down in his office chair. He continued, "They do not have the strength or gull to attack the Death Star or Courscant, and that leaves one place."
"The Alamo", I interrupted, "Commander Joebane just finished briefing his officers on new security details. The Alamo has two entrances, one small pathway with anti-personal mines and the other is a highly secure Shuttle Port. The HQ itself have five turret emplacements, enough supplies for six scores of troops, and more. I seriously doubt they'd ever attempt to attack it besides the fact it has been under extreme secrecy.", I replied nearly exasperated trying to defend the reasoning.
Dr. Paddington took a moment to look at me, then sighed heavily saying, "H, I hope you're right. I have to get back to work now." I left without exchanging another word, but now it was different. Now I had doubts.

We had the supplies, the training, the soldiers, the plans, and the home turf advantage not to mention the size of army needed to attack the Alamo. We would have plenty of notice because it was located in the center of Fooville surrounded by walls built of the homes of dedicated troops of Foo. It was getting dark now as I looked down at the datacard I was still holding. The fire blankets. I shoved the datacard into my Dr.'s coat pocket and started towards the Fooville Cantina. It always took me back a little. The rest of Fooville and IFC were so structured while here it was not. Home to Aircakes, Havla, synthsteak, Bespin Port, and to the famous Foo Bombers. I ordered a glass of Correlian Brandy and took a seat at an empty table. I started to think about what Dr. Paddington said. Could the Rebels really have it out for the Alamo and were we really prepared? We had to be. We were always prepared. As I was taking a sip of the brandy, I heard a male voice ask, "Something on your mind, Doc?" It was Arom, IFC's top Squad Leader, Carbineer, and fellow Officer.
"Nothing important, really. Just something I overheard. What brings you out? Shouldn't you be on Security detail? He took a seat, looking over at the dancers on stage, and replied, "I was actually on my way out when I saw you sneaking in alone over here. Besides, I needed a break. I've had the rookies training working as a squad by taking out a few Kaadu nests. The Peko Peko love Kaadu eggs, and the last thing we want is a few albatrosses making Fooville their new hunting grounds. I'd say, other than that, we are secure especially with that impenetrable fortress, The Alamo."
"Impenetrable, yeah, of course."
"You think differently?"
"Not exactly. It's just with the Empire coming down so harshly, the Rebels are going to lash out, and they will attack something soon."
"And you are thinking the Alamo?"
"It's the only target that makes sense. Now, I'm trying to think if there was some hidden weakness or flaw that has been overlooked. I know I am just over-thinking it. The Commander is a man of great detail, and he'd never miss something."
Arom sat silently staring at his Jawa Beer then without looking up, he said, "H, I want you to meet me at the Alamo in a bit." He got up without finishing his beer and left the Cantina. I waited a moment, trying to understand the events that had occurred thinking, "This night may turn out to be rather interesting." I left the Cantina and called for my speeder to make my way to the Alamo.

The short ride to the Alamo seemed to take forever as I rode to the Alamo stopping just short of the pathway into the Alamo. I took a moment to look at all of it. The precise planning and placement of every garden, decoration, and house. It was all part of a much greater plan designed to ward off attackers, and in a word, perfect.
"Impressive, isn't it?", a familiar voice said from behind.
Quickly standing to attention, I replied, "Commander Joebane Sir. I didn't see you."
"At ease, Officer. Arom contacted me regarding your concerns."
"Sir, I meant no disrespect. The design is perfect. It was just something I overheard."
"I understand,H. You're an Officer now, and you deserve to ask questions, to know.", Joe paused a moment before shifting his weight slightly, "You're right to think there may be an issue because there is one possible problem with the security of the Alamo. On the South perimeter wall, the terrain is irregular. It could potentially be easily dug through. We are unable to fortify the ground without compromising the whole project due to the placement of the homes, walls and more. At this stage, this particular risk is minimal as only myself and my Officers are aware of it."
"That is a bit more comforting."
"We will deal with it later as we have a much more important issue coming up. The HQ is almost at one-hundred percent capability. However, the last step leaves the HQ vulnerable to self-destruction. It is one of the Empire's built-in defenses to prevent such highly classified info and materials from falling into Rebel hands This poses a serious problem, and the reason for such discretion. The HQ will be its most vulnerable at that time, and we will need to increase security ten fold for the remainder of the project."
"I should go and mobilize the Medical Team and Defense Troops into positon."
"I've already taken care of that, Doc. Preparations started when I left the Cantina.", Arom said walking from the direction of the Alamo.
"Hey Arom. I take it all the planning was to reduce Rebel visibility?", I asked a little more assured.
Joebane answered, "The Rebels are more resourceful than the Empire would like to admit. Their Bothan spy network is very efficient and thereforethe highest discretion is needed. Now, excuse me as I must prepare for the night ahead." He turned and strode off in his typical leadership stride.

I turned to Armor asking, "Do you think the Rebels will actually attack us here?"
Arom grunted back, "You said so yourself. We are their best target."
I paused a moment to refocus myslef, "Excuse me, Squad Leader, I must go and prepare my Droids."
"Sure thing, Doc. I'll see you later.", He said with a bit of grim in his voice. I was just getting back to my speeder when Arom turned to say, "And, Oh, Doc, you might want to break out that new polearm Niernakka brought back from Dathomir for you."
I sat a moment longer and watched him walk into the shadows of the pathway toward the Alamo thinking of what was to come.

I entered Ouyot Manor heading straight toward the armory in the basement. In the crate, wrapped in a fine Dathomir spider silk cloth, was the new Vibroaxe Niernakka the Wookie had brought me. He obtained the axe in his dealing with the Nightsister Clan. He was on a mission to capture and train a Rancor for Lady Optique. The vibroaxe itself looked just like any other except for the three small inscriptions on the hilt. They were written in the native language of the Nightsisters. The Nightsisters are force-sensitive and are often called witches of Dathomir. They had powers most did not begin to understand. When I held the zxe in a battle stance, the inscriptions began to softly glow from blues to purples. Niernakka said the witch that gave it to him said it was used by an Elder during the Singing Mountain Cland and Nightsister Wars. The Elder was known as a great warrior who had an uncanny ability to poison, disease, and set a man's brain on fire. It was said the warrior passed the ability into the Vibroaxe.

I took up practicing Pikemen abilities as a self-defense while I tended patients on the field. It gave me range without sacrificing defense. I took it up regardless of my Peers urging me to take up Teras Kasi or Fencing instead. I believed the reason Niernakka gave me the axe was that no one else knew how to use it, lucky me! I made my way upstairs to prepare Ouyot, my R2 Astro Droid. He was outfitted with the latest medical modules. It allowed me to apply and conduct even the most complicated procedures in the field. I could mend even the worst wounds on the fly, even the ones made by fire from a Commando's flame thrower. The fire Blankets! I had almost forgotten with everything that had happened. I reached into my doctor's coat pocket and pulled out the datacard. Then it dawned on me why Paddington gave me the briefing and asked me about the Alamo. He was trying to tell me about the wall weakness. How could I be so thick? He was trying to give me a hint, and all I could do was sit and think about it. I ran back to my armory and flung open my armor cache. There, in the white light of my armor cabinet, was my officer-issued composite armor painted with the all too familiar aqua-blue and forest green coloring. The armor for Officers had Krayt Scale reinforcing on every piece making it that much more durable than standard issue. I tired it on for the first time along with the special clothes Fallon Faith had made especially for me. Her and I had talked about making special clothes less hindering and allow for more precise movement for better procedures which would make me more proficient at my duties. That was soemthing I felt might be needed tonight.

Making my way back to the Alamo, I could see the shole city had gone into full alert status. Everyone was moving with a purpose now. I approached the pathway only to be sudeenly stopped by a young Ensign.
"HALT!, you are in a restricted area."
"My apologies. I am merely trying to get to the Post.", I said removing my helmet.
"Officer H'tead Ouyot! No Sir, my apologies. We have orders to lock down the area to everyone.", The young recruit said trying to sound confident.
"No apology needed, Trooper, I'll be on my way and keep your eyes open." I could see him stand a little straighter at my comment as he saluted. I continued off toward the Alamo on foot. All the time, all the labors, all the dedication, and all the planning coming to fruition. Here it was. As if seeing it for the first time, I stood in awe at the sight of it. IFC personnel were everywhere, running between turrets, checking the Shuttle, and Landing Pad. Medical Droids were being rushed into the Cloning Facility. So much happening at once. It all happened in such a short time, just another example of the Grand Scheme of our Commander at work. I saw a group of Officers standing in the front door of the Alamo and ran toward them with Ouyot right behind me. "Evening, Dr. H.", Optique Marquis greeted me with a smile on her face.

There we were, the IFC Officers surrounded by a regiment of near to fairly troops, just a handful of experienced veterns amongst all of it. Then the chaos seemed to settle for a moment. Commander Joebane was coming down the pathway.
"Evening, Officers.", he said dryly.
In unison, we replied, "Evening, Commander Joebane!". He took a moment to look at each one of us before he said, "I hope you are all well-prepared for tonight. I am not expecting any Rebel intrusion, but that does not mean we are lax on security. I want your best tonight, for as long as it takes." We all looked at each other as if deep down we all knew we were in for more than we could imagine.

Then, all at once, time stood still. I don't think anyone knew what was going on for that first few moments. Rather, no one wanted to believe what had just taken place. For that brief moment, I felt something. I felt regret, regret for not doing my job better, regret for not being able to get to everyone, regret for not reinforcing the South Wall. The air was filled with dust, dirt and debris, and then Plasma and Laser shots came blazing out of the smoke from the South wall. There were Troopers who got caught in the blast. They had no chance at all, but the ones who were either frozen in fear or pinned down. I wanted to get to them and help them but knew better. We gathered our bearings and made a quick retreat into the HQ. We tried laying down cover fire, but in all the chaos, it was all wild blasting. I tried to tend to the wounded quickly, but there were too many too quickly. As I was tending to an unconscious patient, I looked up, trying to understand how this happened. I saw Commander Joebane talking with the other Officers under cover, but before he even said it, we knew it. The only possible way this could have happened. Imperial Foo Corps and Fooville had been betrayed, by whom, we did not know, but at this moment, it didn't matter. The act had been done, and now we had no choice but to fight, to fight for the Alamo.

Cut off from the rest of Fooville, the Rebels were overwhelming the remaining Foos outside the HQ. If we were going to act, now was the time. Commander Joebane spoke quickly and clearly, "We need to retake the cloner and lure the Rebels out of the Alamo perimeter. Optique, Jadue, and Arom, youthree remain in the HQ and prevent them from entering and starting the countdown. They absolutely cannot be allowed to do that. Plee'ark, myself, Salilaa, Vashh, Tuatha, and H'tead will make a run through the pathway to the river. We will use the city to our advantage. We know the layout better than they do."
"Joebane, I have an idea. I'm not sure how well it will work, but it might be our best shot. Dr. Paddington and I have been working on a way to over-accelerate blood clotting and a body's natural restoration. While I can not mend or augment your mind, this should prove to be more than helpful."
"We have little time. Hurry H!", Joe said with more urgency in his voice this time. Moving quickly, I applied the enhancements to Commander Joebane. The results were quick to show. After I finished applying the last of the enhancements, I realized I did not have enough to apply it a second time.
"Commander, unfortunately this is all I have prepared for. I will not e able to apply it to anyone else.", I bit out grimly.
Joebane opened and closed his hands a few times, trying to get a feel for the enhancements coursing through his veins. I had not tested this nor was I sure of the side effects, but we had no other options, and this seemed like the best action to take.
"Then, we will have to make it count. We have no more time to spare.", Joe said as he stood up to his full height unholstering his weapons. "Time to act, Foos!"

When the door to the HQ slid open, I couldn't believe my eyes. So much destruction and death was everywhere I looked. Just moments ago, there was order and structure, also strength and safety. No time for remorse, I reached back and grabbed the Dathomir Vibroaxe. I felt a sort of odd energy coming from it. Not odd, but as if it was trying to reach out and give me its strength. The first wave of rebels were before us in a flash. Joebane brought them down in a blaze of fire from his flamethrower. The second wave appeared just as quickly. Plee'ark treated them to a similar fate. Vashh and Salilaa pushed past the scorched corpses to take down the next set of Rebels meeting them headon. I was following closely to Commander Joebane, with Plee'ark following me. We made it to the pathway, past all the bodies and mess strewn about everywhere. Rebels seemed to appear and fall so quickly I couldn't keep up. I just kept focusing on keeping the team healed up, and then as we reached the mouth of the pathway, I felt a surge of energy from the vibroaxe. Just like that, a set of Flamethrowers and blaster fire came at us from all directions. I looked, but in the moment I took cover, Joebane had made a mad dash past all of it somehow, Jadue and Salilaa had caught fire, and Plee'ark and Tuatha were already making their way toward a large group of Rebels. I was close enough to realize what I saw on the armor of the Rebels. It was the symbol of a well-known Rebel syndicate called IFU. I knew the codenames. I knew them well enough to know that they weren't to be under-estimated. I opened the fire blanket module I had brought with me, cursing myself for not preparing better. I only had a handful of them to use. I'd have to use them wisely for this fight. Afterall, now we were able to reach the river. I quickly applied the blankets to Salilaa and Vashh. gave them some stims, and then got ready to fight. My first fight was a Rebel Pistoleer and a well known dirty fighter named Iwaz. I had tangled with him before, but then, I was new to the Empire and new to the whole Galatic Civil War. Today would be different.

His eyes narrowed on me, his hands moved like lightening. The first few blaster bolts I managed to dodge were either pure luck or innate reaction. Dodging and weaving, I was attempting to close the distance as he attempted to do just the opposite. Blaster fire was all I saw. I tightened my grip on the vibroaxe feeling the surge of power coming from it. I moved quicker than I have ever moved closing in on Iwaz, every step closer felt like another step closer to victory. I knew if I could get close enough, I could land a few crippling blows. Then, he went into a roll to a knee followed by a precise volley of pistol fire. I felt the hot fire pain in my thigh as I went to the ground, and then the axe, as if speaking to me, released another surge of energy into my hand and through my body. I quickly injected a high output stim Pack "D". Feeling one-hundred percent better, I jumped back to my feet into a full sprint. Iwaz stumbled backwards shooting a few awkward short volleys. Twenty five meters, then twenty meters, Just five more meters and I could perform an extended polearm lunge at my enemy. That was all I needed. I closed in, three meters left, then two meters and finally zero meters. I lunged through the air. I could smell the ionized waves from all the blaster shots as I sailed toward my target. My vibroaxe was dead on target. It had made contact with his right leg. Iwaz dropped to a kneel, clearly in pain, but I had no time for compassion even as a Doctor. I could feel the energy from my axe. Now it felt pulsing and hungry. Hungry for more. It had its taste of blood and warfare for the first time in who knows how long, and it wanted more. I let it go, and let it guide me. I don't know if it was really me striking the blows or the axe. I made an arcing motion with the axe and swept the legs out from under my opponent. He fell to his back and looked up at me. I raised my arms high and brought the tip of the axe down hard to a pleasing cracking noise followed by a throat gurgling sound. I knew I had cracked a rib and his breastplate. One more blow left. I raised my arms high readying to land the last blow. I could feel the energy of the vibroaxe running through me. I started to bring the axe down one last time when a pair of hands reached out and stopped me. In a plainly stern voice, Joebane said, "Officer H'tead, you are needed at the cloning facility. The Rebels have been defeated and are in full retreat." Our eyes met, I wanted so badly to bring the axe down hard on Iwaz to finish him, but Joe would not relinquish his grip. He repeated, "Officer H'tead, your services are needed at the cloning center immediately." I finally conceded and let my arms drop to my side with a sigh. I took one last look at my opponent. I could see the affects of the axe taking effect. He would be dead soon anyway.

As I made my way to the Cloning Center,IFC was already cleaning up the debris and mess scattered about everywhere. I had alot to think about regarding the last twelve hours. Right now I needed to focus on my duties as Medical Officer. there were lots of suffering and wounded Foos that needed my care. I would just have to wait and deal with my own demons another time.

It was mid-morning the following day, and I was extracting the final drops of Bacta from my last few patients. The door to my Medical Facility slid open and in walked Commander Joebane. He was taking his time, visiting every soldier personally thank them for their services and wishing them a quick recovery.
"Good Morning, Doctor. How are things?", he said warmly.
"Good. Just working on extracting the last of the bacta from the last of the patients now. Every drop counts."
"Good, I'd like to talk to you in private. I will wait for you in your office while you finish." He turned and walked toward the office. I got the last few drops of Bacta and sent the soldier on his way. What could this possibly be? A congratulations for performance? Or a this is what needs to be done better speech.
"Last night, I saw something I was not prepared or expecting to see.", he started the moment I walked into the room.
"We just need to check all recent communications and start a research team to find the spy to get this taken care of soon."
"That has already been done, but I was talking about you, H. I have never seen you act like that. You are an Officer of Foo and a Doctor. Seeking death may be the case for other warriors, but never you."
"I agree. I don't know what came over me. Actually, I do. That vibroaxe maybe, but how?"
"You must mean the Dathomir weapon. Well, Nightsisters are force sensitive creatures. You already know that Jedi and Sith are capable of creating holocrons. Well, they can pass on their power and even their soul in any object. While some see these items are artifacts of power, others see them as devices of evil."
"What do you see them as?"
"I believe it is user specific. If you aren't aware of it, it makes it more difficult to control. Now that you know, you must make a conscience effort to keep yourself in control when wielding that weapon. We won last night, H, barely but we won. There's a lot that will be changing going forward, and I want everyone prepared for it. Have a good day, H"

Joe left without saying another word. I sat in my office thinking to myself. The Rebels had been beaten, and we won that battle, but now they will want revenge. Maybe we had it easy this time. What did Joe mean about control? Can I control the axe or will it control me? Only time will tell, but from this day forward, nothing will ever be the same.

H'tead Ouyot~

Danni
12-04-2011, 01:50 PM
crap, you can fix it and I just spent all that time typing an editing.

*walks away feeling really stupid*

:)

Ciannon
12-04-2011, 02:13 PM
That's why I suggested fixing forum options to the all inclusive WYSISYG editor.

Ghara
12-04-2011, 02:36 PM

aww Danni, you did a great job none-the-less!! :D:rolleyes:

htead_ouyot
12-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Walk back! That is amazing thank you very much! I didn't recognize it because it looks so much better ha!

Danni
12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
thanks Ghara and H. Made my day. :)

WYSISWYG is handy

htead_ouyot
12-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Danni and I spoke earlier she has agreed to work with me on my next few write-ups "The Fall of the Alamo". Which helps relieve stress !

joebane
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Danni and I spoke earlier she has agreed to work with me on my next few write-ups "The Fall of the Alamo". Which helps relieve stress !

Awesome. Post it to the front page.

I think it's possible you posted it in the quick reply. I had made WYSIWYG the default for non quick replies and there's even an option in there you can click which helps formatting when you are bringing a document in from word.

joebane
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM

Nice job!