PDA

View Full Version : The Upgrade

Taurine
10-17-2011, 09:39 PM
First, I would like to start off by saying that I hope the upgrade will go smooth and the downtime will be limited to less than 8 Hours. That being said.....they never usually do.

The expected downtime will be from:
8am CST - 4pm CST

Once the website comes back online you can expect to see the changes right away. The new version of the software we use has many more features integrated into it. The single biggest change that everyone will notice right away will be the look of the site. I cannot upgrade all the styles to be compatible with the new software, therefor they will all be deleted and we will start from scratch. If time permits I hope to have a new SWTOR theme up and running prior to opening the site again. If not we will have a default gray theme to hold us over.

You will also notice alot of things may or may not be here anymore.... While I will do my best to import all of our features to the newest version, some may not work at all. I will intitially disable all extras and bring them back one by one. Again I hope to have most of these back up and running by my 4pm Deadline.

I would also like to point out that some things may get reset during the upgrade. One in particular will be the Arcade scores(if the arcade is compatible with the software). Although not a major priority I will bring some form of the arcade back if it is not compatible.

Now with all the we may lose this.... this may not work crap out of the way......

By upgrading to a more current version(4.1) it will open the flood gates as far as available features at our disposal. Vbulletin is a very popular forum software with a large developer base. I invite all of you to browse through the 4.X mods over at Vbulletin.org (http://www.vbulletin.org) and see if there is anything you see that may be useful to the site. Once we are updated, most of the mods on tht site are free and very easy to integrate.

Now off to start downloading the updates and backing up our stuff......

EDIT-
My primary concern during the upgrade is the preservation of User Data, Permissions, Forums, Threads, posts and User Uploads. After those everything else can be redone at a later date if a part of it becomes corrupt.

htead_ouyot
10-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Thank you so much Taurine for all your contribution.

matheon
10-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Thank you so much Taurine for all your contribution.

Quoted for emphasis.

cheers to ya Taurine!

Ciannon
10-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Quoted for emphasis.

cheers to ya Taurine!

+1:beerchug: