PDA

View Full Version : March 2009 Player of the Month

Gummy_Bear
03-01-2009, 12:16 AM
On Behalf of Guild Master Joebane,

After careful review of both public and private submissions, and after reviewing many very deserving candidates, the next Player of the Month has been selected.

I am happy to announce that Niall is hereby awarded the Player of the Month title for the March 2009!

This Player of the Month reward is financially sponsored by the many proud members of Foo! Want to support the next Player of the Month reward? To support this program, paypal 'Joebane@ifc.fooboys.com' with your contributions. Or contact Joebane & Gummy for more details.

--Interview of the Player of the Month--

I sat down with our newest Player of the Month, Niall, to talk with him for online gaming, Foo and all things PvP.

Gummy: Why don't you tell us about your gaming past, what games have youplayed and what drew them to you?

Niall: I started out with First person shooters like Counter Strike and Delta Force. I have always loved Star Wars so naturally when SWG came out I wanted to play. Only thing is back in the day my family didn't have a lot of money and we didn't have a credit card so I had to wait a while. Finally my father got one and right away I went out and bought SWG. This was my first MMO so I didn't really grasp what it actually meant. I chose rebel and found out about the War of Talus through word of mouth. I went out to find this "war", with my half-leveled pikeman, which was more of a hangout for rebels on chilastra. Eventually the Imperials showed up and instantly I fell in love with PVP.

Gummy: So if you were a rebel, did you play with Paribus and Ronin?

Niall: Yes, All those people I was standing around with on Talus ended up being Ronin. I hung out with them for a few months and then they
invited me into their guild.

Gummy: So when WoW came out did you go over there like the rest of us or did you stay with SWG for a while.

Niall: I stayed with SWG but only because it wasn't released over in Europe. I'm born, raised and still live in Ireland. I ended up switching guilds joining up with Pax Veritas (Te'don Dobi' etc).
It wasn't until it was released over here that I started playing. Unfortunately I didn't realize (still being fairly new to MMOs) that having a European copy of WoW didn't mean I could play with the rest of you. After I bought my copy I got real good at game editing so I fixed the game so I could play with a European copy on the American servers.

Gummy: So is that when you joined the Foo Family?

Niall: No it wasn't. Since playing for Ronin in SWG, I came to really hate you guys. I ended up joining Ronin in WoW. Paribus kept asking me to join but I just couldn't. I didn't join Foo until WAR. After joining you guys i realised how silly it was back then when we took things so personal. All i know is that theres some amazing people in this guild and its a shame i didnt join earlier.

Gummy: Have you always had your main character name Niall or do you switch it with each game?

Niall: I've always been some variation of Niall, it's my real name. Niall McCormack. I didn't realize until I had been playing MMOs for a while that I could have had a realy cool name like everyone else but it was too late by then, the name had stuck :)

Gummy: Can you give us a brief profile of yourself?

Niall: 22, male, I live in Ireland, I've been a barman for three years. I'm planning on joining the Army real soon. I've been in a relationship for a while now.

Gummy: I remember a while back you told me that your girlfriend plays MMOs as well. Does she play WAR?

Niall: She plays on the weekend and she's in the guild. She might have been booted for not logging in for awhile but yeah she plays. Her name's Evilmeggie(megan in real life)

Gummy: For the guys out there in the guild, what kind of PC are you running these days? Do you buy them or build them?

Niall: I've always built my own PCs, upgrading piece by piece over the years.

Amd Quadcore phenom
2GB of ram
Evga 8800gts 512mb
Tons of Hardrives :P
Good old Audigy 2 soundcard

Gummy: How do you feel about your WAR gamming experience? Did you like the idea of us rerolling on Dark Crag?

Niall: To tell ya the truth I didn't really want to be another "good guy". In SWG I was a rebel, in WoW i was predominantly horde except for a brief period on the EU servers has a NE rogue and when I moved over to WAR I didnt really want to be Order but i went with it because it wasnt my choice. I was really happy when we decided to make the switch.

Gummy: What class(es) are you playing and why?

Naill: Niallith 25 DoK

Balzamon 24 Chosen

I'm really liking my Chosen right now. This might end up being my main. I really like the tanking mechanics for pvp in this game.

Gummy: Well thanks so much for taking time out of your night (it was 1:55am his time when we started this interview) Congratulations on winning Player of the Month!

Niall: No, thank you! I'm honored to be chosen, really means alot :)

terroni
03-01-2009, 09:42 AM
You go girl! I mean boy...
Muahaahah
Break a leg...or a hand!

Briq
03-01-2009, 11:41 AM
woot gratz!

Cigam
03-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Gratz Niall! I've enjoyed playing by your side and have had nothing but good things to say about you and your gaming skills.

Kove
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
grats niall!

Paribus
03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I loved playing with Niall all the way back to the old Ronin days of SWG. It was a rare quality to find someone who wanted to pvp even against awful odds while managing to stay calm and keep the atmosphere fun and light. Great gamer and an even better guy. I look forward to meeting Niall when he visists the US for Foocon.

Kol_Taggar
03-01-2009, 06:47 PM
I loved playing with Niall all the way back to the old Ronin days of SWG. It was a rare quality to find someone who wanted to pvp even against awful odds while managing to stay calm and keep the atmosphere fun and light. Great gamer and an even better guy. I look forward to meeting Niall when he visists the US for Foocon.

ditto.

terroni
03-01-2009, 10:53 PM
ok, off topic
how did Niall come into money =P
last i knew he was as broke bartender
who stuck things into one too many
holes...
mauaauuah

grats again though

joebane
03-02-2009, 01:14 AM