PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer keeps getting better and better!

joebane
12-27-2008, 10:13 AM
If you tried it and stopped playing during the earliest months, the game has gotten significantly better. The PVP is much more challenging since the balancing patch and ORVR is very active.

Its possible to lock zones anytime now. We are outnumbered severely by Destro which has made for fast que times and excellent PVP. The ORVR influence system gathers some of the best gear in the game, and the set bonuses were revamped so that Annihilator and Conqueror are actually good for your class.

Please come back and give the game another go. Commit a week to it. Foo is still strong, but we aren't as strong in numbers as we should be. The WOW attrition with their expansion has hurt pretty badly.

Give it a try! I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Cigam
12-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Agree 100%

Come get your :fight: on.

htead_ouyot
12-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Kind of what I've been waiting to hear, I fell behind due to pooness so I was thinking I'd see if you all were going to keep playing before I commit back to it... it seemed pretty dead last time I was on:grinning-smiley-003

Lorso
12-27-2008, 06:28 PM
cuz you were in t2 h! lol
got some toons in t2 if you need some company...but overall yes the game has been fun.

Gerlach
12-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Indeed. Unlike AoC, the game really has gotten better and better with each patch. With the last two (major) patches, I think Mythic has shown a solid focus on how the game will grow/evolve and that they know what they need to fix due to live player activity.

I've been busy the last week and anticipate it for the next couple of weeks due to the holidays and football playoffs so I haven't been able to log in much. Of course, this last week alone you guys have seen a lot of action with a siege on Fell Landing and another defense at Shining Way, so you're making it hard on me. :rolleyes:

boyd
12-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Cool, maybe I will give it another go and make time to play it. Time is more my issue.

Tagard
12-29-2008, 02:22 AM
I might drink some of that kool aide this week.

Dant
12-29-2008, 09:59 AM
my war sub is over and will not renew it(due to time mostly) till february. hope to see you guys then.
will still be lurking around here if you guys dont mind. really liked the Foo community

Ciannon
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
The power supply in my PC just blew up. But, I will be giving the game a shot when I get it fixed.

Mailek
01-01-2009, 11:33 AM
If you tried it and stopped playing during the earliest months, the game has gotten significantly better. The PVP is much more challenging since the balancing patch and ORVR is very active.

Its possible to lock zones anytime now. We are outnumbered severely by Destro which has made for fast que times and excellent PVP. The ORVR influence system gathers some of the best gear in the game, and the set bonuses were revamped so that Annihilator and Conqueror are actually good for your class.

Please come back and give the game another go. Commit a week to it. Foo is still strong, but we aren't as strong in numbers as we should be. The WOW attrition with their expansion has hurt pretty badly.

Give it a try! I don't think you will be dissapointed.

I agree the game is a lot better now then at launch. Hopefully with the Christmas rush over and the WoW expansion content getting used up, we should see a surge of returning and new players.

Paribus
01-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Fun zone lock tonight with a legitimate shot on the keep lord if the zone hadn't crashed under Order domination. ;)

It was really nice to be back up to a full Foo warband after the holidays. Best part of the night was when we regrouped for that southern keep and shredded 3-4 warbands before dropping the lord. Good times.

Niall
01-08-2009, 03:35 AM
That was great fun tonight, we had no resistance at our keep so after taking that and moving on to grab some BOs we rolled down there, but with all the pussy footing around and shit ended up wiping. After the regroup, almost to the keep, we decided "fuck it, just fucking zerg it". Great to see about 60 - 80 people just dominate the entire defense in a matter of seconds.

Lundgren
01-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a good time, how does the new Empire class play out? I got a bit drained with the Swordmaster...

Paribus
01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I feel extremely dominant on my Knight of the Blazing Sun.

1) With the help of a mod, I can twist up to 3 different auras. These auras are both defensive and offensive in nature. For instance, my group resist buff gives each group member for 321 and reduces the nearby opposition by the same amount. With my spirit resist tactic, I can literally stand in the sorc AOE pit of shades and laugh while throwing up hold the line to almost ensure disrupt.

2) Massive synergy with BW. We have a 3 second AOE knockdown/disable (and another lesser used reactive single target kd). This is a massive skill for stopping early penetration into our lines. It counters a lot of the basic early strategy of destro groups and is on a 30 second cooldown. My rank 2 morale is a 10 second root (w/600 damage) which can basically ensure a wipe from our BW if the enemy is in a choke point or focusing me (does not break on damage). I also have a short cooldown snare which can be enhanced to 3 targets with a tactic (I don't use this) and a 4 target root which breaks on damage.

3) Single target punt which becomes massive with talents. It basically punts the target into our back lines while leaving him suspended in the air for 3-4 seconds. I dig healers out of the back lines with this. Short cooldown.

4) Reactive damage shield + aura + potion = 350 damage to anyone who attacks yoiu and 100+ damage to anyone who attacks a group member. A lot of people contend that the enemy does not attack characters that do not threaten to kill their healer. It turns out that destro feel the need to kill Knights for whatever reason and this is reflected in my damage numbers. I have only been in T4 scens for a few nights, but I seem to average between 80-125k damage with 250 strength. This is to say that most of this damage is coming in the form of reactive shields.

It is the easiest class to level, especially after level 35. With a healing ring set, proper tactics and good toughness, I was pulling 50+ mobs with a healer and was able to solo high level PQs at the end (easily duo siren sea 21 with a healer for an almost guaranteed gold bag and some good purple rings) See http://www.fooguild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3040 for player progression/gearing guide. I did the last 1/2 of level 39 while talking to Draver and Kilth for about an hour. Yes. That is about 350-500k in 1-1.5 hours.

5) Survivability: 10 seconds of 50% damage reduction every 30 seconds (vigilence spec). As noted, massive resists with tactic and buff. Shield rush 25% total mitigation (w/tactic), 10 second/10 second cd. KDs, 4 target root, rank 2 morale root, snare, etc.

Anyway, the class has a ton of other nice little wrinkles if you really enjoy being a support/CC class that can really dictate the pace of an encounter, it is everything that a WoW paladin should have been. It is also possible to spec for damage and carry around a two-hander, but I think I've made my opinions on those guys pretty clear. We have so many short duration useful skills that I honestly don't even worry about doing damage during a scenario, but the numbers still come because I'm such a nuisance to their back lines that they are forced to try and kill me (lol?) to stop what probably feels like chain CC when combined with our IBs. :grinning-smiley-003

If any of our missing players have any inclination toward the class, I highly recommend it.

Cigam
01-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Paribus nailed it on the head.

My Knight is only level 22 right now but because I was one of the healers that rolled with Pari during his last 10 levels, I have seen what can be accomplished.

The only thing I would add is this, and I am sure others may chime in:

The Knight is the opitamy of a support tanking class. I am reminded of the commerical that says something to the effect of, "We don't make the things you buy, we make the things you buy BETTER."

The auras are amazing and as Pari said, the crowd control is just as impressive. At 21 I was wielding a twohander in scnearios simply because being at the top of the level cap and stacking toughness, I was able to top damage charts without using my reactive shield aura. I was unkillable with a pockethealer which enabled me to go into the enemy lines and snare/punt healers to the main group.

The class is a blast to play and very, very easy to level.

Also, after playing a Witch Elf for a bit, I would have to say that their ability to kill single targets is unsurpassable. If the Witch Hunter is anything close, it would be extremely fun to play. The stealth mechanic seemed to work great for me at level 11.

Lundgren
01-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the swift response, I am rolling one as we speak. I love the idea.