PDA

View Full Version : The sieging continues

Paribus
11-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Another fun night out there. Five more keeps, all world objectives and a lot of dead destro. As per usual, we easily won every Orvr fight with the exception of one well defended keep in Thunder Mountain. We are now the overall active Order renown leaders and we continue to widen the gap.

Paribus
11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2123/forum2sd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Gummy_Bear
11-04-2008, 10:12 AM
your mods are pretty :)

Paribus
11-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I leave them in screenshots to prompt questions on "how can I get better at what I do?" ;)

Cigam
11-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Glad to hear that you were successful last night.

I might suggest on the mod issue that you try out one of the squared commands that has made my life much easier on the healing front.

"/squared" will open up the new interface menu which makes toggling these new settings very easy. It's even easier to reset back to default if you don't like what you have done.

I changed my settings in a lot of ways but the one change that helped the most was setting the color of the bars to reflect the person's current HP. I left the default thresholds of Yellow/80%, Orange/50%, Red/25%. The default color is grey for anyone above 80% health. At a quick glance, it is very easy to tell by color who is in need of health. If you increase the size of the class icon, as shown in your screenshots, it is very easy to tell who your squishies are. So with a combination of color coded bars and class icons, you can make a quick decision in those clutch moments on who is going to get your next heal.

For me, analyzing empty/full bars was taking longer than seeing colors. Try it out and see if it helps you as well.

Also, only my friendly target has their "title" shown. I have it hidden for everyone else. This reduces uneccesary text clutter on your screen. 2 lines over a person rather than 3.

Paribus
11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm aware of the squared options and prefer the default color for contrast purposes. Thanks though.

Dant
11-05-2008, 11:22 AM
what is that 40/40 thingy?

Cigam
11-05-2008, 11:26 AM
what is that 40/40 thingy?

Rank/Renown Rank