PDA

View Full Version : October 2008 Player of the Month

Tagard
09-24-2008, 11:11 AM
On Behalf of Guild Master Joebane,

After careful review of both public and private submissions, and after reviewing many very deserving candidates, the next Player of the Month has been selected.

I am happy to announce that Taurine is hereby awarded the Player of the Month title for the month of October 2008!

This Player of the Month reward is financially sponsored by the many proud members of Foo! Want to support the next Player of the Month reward? To support this program paypal 'Joebane@ifc.fooboys.com' with your contributions. Or contact Joebane & Tagarde for more details.

--Interview of the Player of the Month--

Taurine: Wow, I'm honored!

Q1: What was your first run in with gaming in general? (I.e. Atari, Nintendo), when did you first begin to play online games?

My first run in with gaming, at least console type, was with my cousins Nintendo. We had gone over for Christmas dinner and he had just gotten it that morning. I believe the game we played the rest of the evening was Rygar. Prior to that day my Interests were divided between D&D and Magic the gathering. It took many years before my parents could afford to buy any system that I could call my own, so for about 4 years I played at my friends houses and Darrell's game room. It was during this time that I developed a taste for the internet and RTS's. For $1 and hour I spent almost 3 hours a day playing Command & Conquer, Warcraft and Duke Nukem. By this point I had effectively quit playing Magic and was addicted to console gaming, so I sold all my cards that were worth anything and bought a used Nintendo and super Nintendo. And from then on I was hooked into the gaming world.

Q2: What online games have you played in the past, which was your most favorable and what makes it your favorite?

It wasn't until FFXI that I really devoted myself to any MMORPG. I have always been a huge fan of the FF series so I decided I had to play that one. Although it was very disappointing in a PvP aspect, the crafting system had me obsessed. So after I got over that, H'tead pulled me to the dark side and brought me into SWG. Which is definitely my favorite game. The PvP, character customization and crafting complexity is by far superior to any other MMO. It will take a very complex game to pull my attention off SWG, even with all the bad changes they are making.

A few other games I have played are: UO, Lineage, Lineage II, WoW, AoC, Soldier of Fortune II, Starcraft, Command and Conquer and many more I can't think of atm.

Q3: How long have you been into doing website development? Is this a side hobby for you or is this a full-time job for you in RL?

Website development has been a hobby since I started playing around on the internet. I have considered making it a career, but because I love doing it so much I don't want to make it a tedious chore that I do day in day out. I have also never had any schooling on the subject, I am 100% self taught so it makes it difficult to land jobs when a million other people with degrees bid on it too.

Q4: When did you first meet Joebane? What were your first impressions of Joe and the guild and what made you want to join?

I first joined Foo when H'tead brought me into SWG. This was long after the guild had moved on to WoW. As far as I knew at the time, very few old Foo's were playing SWG and H wanted to rebuild the guild. It wasn't until a few months later that I met Joebane. We had rebuilt Fooville in it's new location and H'tead had convinced Joe to hop back in SWG and see the changes. After all the hype that I had heard for years about this Mythical JoeBane from H'tead IRL, I didn't know what to expect when he logged in. Honestly, I wasn't very impressed the first time I met him. H'teas assured me that I would see the leadership he had spoke of for the last few years. And sure enough a couple months passed and when all the old Foo's and Joe started pouring back into SWG I saw it. From then on I could see what H'tead had talked about, and how Joe could quiet a room with a single word.

Q5: Do you have any plans for your gaming future? Are you looking forward to participating in Warhammer Online or any other online games?

I honestly hadn't planned on playing WAR. After the AoC let down, I couldn't justify spending the money to start another unproven game. Not to mention my children taking up most of my free time really puts me behind the curve in any new game. However I got a message from H'tead the other day saying he just bought me a copy for an early Christmas present, so I will be jumping in to see how it is. Hopefully it isn't as big of a disappointment as AoC. Other than that, I haven't seen any other games that have caught my eye recently.

Q6: Would you like to tell us a little about yourself? Do you have any other interesting hobbies or crafts you enjoy?

Well..... I am a 25yr old father of two. I am currently starting a new job at ShopKo as a Loss Prevention Manager. Catching the thieving bastards in my store is definitely a good fit for me. After 7 years in retail management, I was sick of making the customer happy for anything they felt like complaining about. As far as hobbies go, I like to do a little of everything. Focusing my attention on one thing for excessive periods of time burns me out on it, and I hate to ruin something I love to do. I am currently getting ready for the hunting season and looking forward to shooting a few Deer, and hopefully some turkey this year. I have been talking to the father-in-law about going north and possibly trying for a bear this year.

Other than that my life is as simple as it gets. I go to work, come home and roll around with the kids in the grass, eat dinner and spend what time I can working on this site, and then if I have time.... play some games.

On a side note:

I do have to say that making this site the best it can be for all of you is more rewarding to me than anything I can do in game. Since I don't have a lot of time to get online and play with you all, this is my way of saying thank you for letting me be a part of your great community!