PDA

View Full Version : War has arrived, Foo ownage in Tier2 RvR.

Phwap
09-20-2008, 02:50 AM
In all corners of Troll Country and Ostland the sounds of battle rang and the Foo warband struck fear into the hearts of the Destruction armies. During the coarse of the night many a hard battle was fought and facing overwhelming odds, Foo took victory in numerous encounters.

The Ruins of Greystone, Monastery of Morr, Kinschel's Stronghold and Crypt of Weapons battlefield objectives were taken multiple times. Stonetroll Keep was the next target and after battering the door in with our siege ram, the Foo army made its way to the second floor to challenge the keep lord. Unfortunately, our attack was thwarted by a very large group of Destruction. But, not to worry, a quick trip back to the war camp was all we need to regroup and our warband quickly headed out to meet them once again. Foo devastated their forces in a most brutal and efficient way. Knowing that a large Destruction force was roaming the area scouts were dispatched to track their location. We had the pleasure of encountering their army twice more, and the Destruction force, although much larger in number were overpowered and battered into submission.

Scouts then reported that the Destruction forces were gathering and marching toward Mandred's Hold, for what turned out to be a massive attack. We fought hard in defense of our keep, showering the enemy with hot oil and Hellblaster Cannon fire as our core of Bright Wizards rained down fire, but in the end the relentless onslaught of the Destruction horde was too great and we were overtaken. Sadly the keep fell, but Foo learned many valuable lessons in the long night of battle and will venture back into field better prepared and hungry for Destruction blood.

On a side not if you are not playing this game you are really missing out. Last night was a ton of fun and it only stands to get better. It's not to late, get in now.

Cigam
09-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Let the bodies hit the floor...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/loungin007/CigamM_002.jpg

Draver
09-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Last night was amazing. For our real first big RvR encouter, we did very well and we had a blast. We faced overwhelming odds and came out victorious more then once. We actually were able to use real tactic with the help of player collision detection, focus fireing, scouting and good old zerg vs zerg mouvement.

I am dead serious when I say this: WAR is the best mmo ever made. If you like players versus players encouters, there are no other game out there that can give you what WAR has.

Paribus
09-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Best night of pvp I've had since SWG.

20-24 vs. 40-50 and we wiped them in open combat multiple times. The battles we did lose were epic "300-like" moments where we played well but eventually caved under the neverending stream of bodies.

Ehoi mentioned getting 60 kills in a losing battle where were locked down inside a crypt battle objective for close to 10 minutes. Tanks in front blocking, healers and ranged dps positioned for LOS but minimal damage taken, this game provides a wonderful backdrop for tactics and good gameplay actually being rewarded.

The keep defense against the Alliance of Steel zerg was also a ton of fun at the end of the night and I think we learned a lot about how we can play it better going forward.

This shit which would classify as endgame in any MMO I've ever played is available at level 12, with the stakes only going up as we get closer to max level. Sure, we haven't done everything right just yet since we didn't really beta test, but the officers noted how disciplined everyone has been on vent and we look forward to getting better as a group. I strongly encourage anyone who is still sitting on the fence because of the AoC debacle to give this game a shot. This isn't an MMO choice between WOW and WAR...they are two entirely different games and can be played at the same time if you so choose.

GeistTog
09-20-2008, 04:00 PM
hah can't wait until I'm high enough to assist..when I get off work today (yeah its saturday and the army sucks..) I plan to grab bacardi and be ranking up to the rest of you..I hope hah..rank 7 isn't too far behind.....right? ;(

Tagard
09-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Great write up to cap off a great time last night. Good work Foo.

Scuba
09-20-2008, 05:57 PM
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5539/scubam003mt4.jpg

htead_ouyot
09-20-2008, 10:05 PM
This time I am giving it very ample time.... AoC really rung it out for me in mmos

Best night of pvp I've had since SWG.

20-24 vs. 40-50 and we wiped them in open combat multiple times. The battles we did lose were epic "300-like" moments where we played well but eventually caved under the neverending stream of bodies.

Ehoi mentioned getting 60 kills in a losing battle where were locked down inside a crypt battle objective for close to 10 minutes. Tanks in front blocking, healers and ranged dps positioned for LOS but minimal damage taken, this game provides a wonderful backdrop for tactics and good gameplay actually being rewarded.

The keep defense against the Alliance of Steel zerg was also a ton of fun at the end of the night and I think we learned a lot about how we can play it better going forward.

This shit which would classify as endgame in any MMO I've ever played is available at level 12, with the stakes only going up as we get closer to max level. Sure, we haven't done everything right just yet since we didn't really beta test, but the officers noted how disciplined everyone has been on vent and we look forward to getting better as a group. I strongly encourage anyone who is still sitting on the fence because of the AoC debacle to give this game a shot. This isn't an MMO choice between WOW and WAR...they are two entirely different games and can be played at the same time if you so choose.

Paribus
09-20-2008, 10:39 PM
The same thing I've said to all people who have gone on the record as "waiting to see if this game is the real deal." We love you and hope you'll be in game soon, but we don't "need" people.

This game will attract numbers and a large Foo presence regardless of the reservations of quite a few key members/great players. The game doesn't require massive computer specs and costs less than a cheap date.

Sorai
09-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Definitely some of the most fun group PVP since SWG. I had a blast.

Hef
09-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Phwap...when i saw that avatar on the front page, my first thought was that the infamous Mocifer had returned.