PDA

View Full Version : May 2008 Player of the Month

Tagard
05-06-2008, 01:06 AM
On Behalf of Guild Master Joebane,

After careful review of both public and private submissions, and after reviewing many very deserving candidates, the next Player of the Month has been selected.

I am happy to announce that Paribus Rieux is hereby awarded the Player of the Month title for the month of May, 2008!

This Player of the Month reward is financially sponsored by the many proud members of Foo! Want to support the next Player of the Month reward? To support this program paypal 'Joebane@ifc.fooboys.com' with your contributions. Or contact Joebane & Tagarde for more details.

--Interview of the Player of the Month--

I sat down with our newest Player of the Month, Paribus, to talk with him about his love for online gaming, Foo and all things PvP. (Portions of this interview have been edited for content and clearancy)

Tagarde: Paribus why don't you tell us about your gaming past, what games have you played and what drew you to play them?

Paribus: I guess I first started playing MMO's during Ultima Online. The first immersive game I played was SWG, some would consider me the Rebel equivilent of Joebane. Despite being on opposite sides, I would consider that we were always on good terms. I eventually moved over to the World of Warcraft and reunited with Joebane and Foo, this time on the same team.

Tagarde: You mentioned PvPing against the Foos, is there anything that you remember about them in PvP?

Paribus: This is going to sound kind of funny, I remember early in the days of SWG I could kill more then a few of them myself. In time they began to evolve into a mature guild that was able to adapt to some of the same tactics that we were using and they began to play as a team. Its amazing what Joe was able to do, the ability to keep the moral up with the group, and their ability to resist the invitation to respond to trolling, really garnered a lot of respect from the Rebel side.

Tagarde: It sounds like you had a lot of interaction with Foo in Star Wars Galaxies, what eventually drove you to join their ranks in the World of Warcraft?

Paribus: I was in a raiding guild on Arthas and I was getting bored with the idea of PvEing all of the time. I was looking to get in touch with some of the people I had enjoyed Pvping with and against in SWG. I ended up coming into contact with Foo on Stormreaver and came to mix it up with the same group of people I had enjoyed PvPing against not to long ago, such as Roman, Joebane and Kilth.

Tagarde: It sounds like you've had great experience PvPing against and with Foo, you've proven your dedication to Foo over the years, what keeps you coming back to the guild game after game?

Paribus: The balance that Foo maintains is unique in the online gaming universe. Foo consists of highly skilled gamers that really enjoy the game, but at the same time, are the same kind of people you would be interested in sharing a drink with in real life.

Tagarde: Well, lets move onto something larger then online gaming, tell us a little about yourself, what is something else you do aside from your 'Online Adventures' and what age bracket do you fit into?

Paribus: I recently turned 30 and in my off time I enjoy boating and soccer, living in South Florida makes both of these pursuits a fun alternative to gaming when the mood suits me.

Tagarde: So do you have any plans for the future? Any big games your looking forward to playing?

Paribus: I am looking forward to dabbling with Age of Conan (AoC) and possibly more if it ends up being uniquely inspiring. However, I do not intend to quit playing WoW in the near future.

Tagarde: Paribus, you've had a lot of experince with online gaming, is there a memory that stands out in your mind as the most enjoyable or satisfying?

Paribus: Early on in SWG, before my time with Foo, we started what is known as the 'First' war on Talus which was very memorable. My most memorable event with Foo would have to be our first kill of Ragnaros (WoW). Seeing the guild come togother to beat Molten Core was very inspiring and impressive.

Tagarde: Thanks for taking the time to partipcate in this Interview Paribus, congradulations on being named May's Player of the Month!

Paribus: Thanks Tagard, I appreciate the opportunity to have this chat, it is truely an honor to continue to represent Foo.

Tagarde Talonarde,
On Behalf of Guild Master Joebane

Narvise
05-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Grats B! Well played. :grinning-smiley-003

SonyRed
05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Grats Pari

Draver
05-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Congratulation Pari!

Kol_Taggar
05-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Overdue!

Kilth
05-06-2008, 06:55 PM
he's a fucking schmuck.

Ghara
05-06-2008, 07:03 PM
well done :corkysm21: gratz pari ;)

Breasal
05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Grats!

Odhran
05-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Congrats!

Hef
05-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Grats Pari

Rom
05-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Congrats Pari, much-deserved.

Farmboy
05-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Gratz n stuff

Inuria
05-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Teacher's Pet. :P

Zage
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
he's a fucking schmuck.

The fucking schmuck that gives me the most feedback regarding AoC, so I say well deserved.

Kilth
05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
you're new here FNG, you can take my word for it, and i never said undeserving

Paribus
05-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Reverence comes in all kinds of forms. Kilth's particular form will always be the cutest. Anyway, thanks all. I really appreciate it.

I'm really looking forward to playing something new with ya'll. Remind me in a couple weeks that I promised to be on my best behavior in AoC in this thread. :rauch06:

Narvise
05-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Reverence comes in all kinds of forms. Kilth's particular form will always be the cutest. Anyway, thanks all. I really appreciate it.

I'm really looking forward to playing something new with ya'll. Remind me in a couple weeks that I promised to be on my best behavior in AoC in this thread. :rauch06:

I gotta see that......

Zage
05-14-2008, 05:07 PM

Good behavior is overrated. Therefore, I hope your "best behavior" is still pretty crummy. It's more entertaining.