PDA

View Full Version : April 2008 Player of the Month

Tagard
03-30-2008, 11:48 PM
On Behalf of Guild Master Joebane,

After careful review of both public and private submissions, and after reviewing many very deserving candidates, the next Player of the Month has been selected.

I am happy to announce that Kol Taggar is hereby awarded the Player of the Month title for the month of April, 2008!

This Player of the Month reward is financially sponsored by Joebane, Tagarde & Vintage! Want to support the next Player of the Month reward? To support this program, paypal 'Joebane@ifc.fooboys.com' with your contributions. Or contact Joebane & Tagarde for more details.

--Interview of the Player of the Month--

I sat down with our newest Player of the Month, Kol, to talk with him about his love for online gaming, Foo and all things PvP. (Portions of this interview have been edited for content and clearancy)

Tagarde: Kol why don't you tell us about your gaming past, what games have you played and why did you play them?

Kol: I first started playing MMO's after seeing an advertisement for SWG in a gaming rag back in 2000. I applied for the SWG Beta but did'nt get in, in the mean time I landed a spot in the Planetside Beta and played that until SWG finally hit retail. I joined up with a guild named the 'Fifth Element' who was an 'uber rp' guild based on the Chilastra Server. The PvP on Galaxies brought me in contact with Paribus who was running with a guild named Ronin. It was at this time that I started to face off against some Foos on Chilastra and it did'nt take long for the PvP to erupt. The Pvp was always enjoyable and the Foos(IFC) were always a lot of fun to PvP against.

Tagarde: You mentioned PvPing against the Foos, is there anything that you remember about them in PvP?

Kol: I remember that we had a nickname for Joebane, he was the 'President', this was due to the fact that he always had a horde of Foo members running around behind him which we nicknamed 'The Secret Service', we named them this because they would always make it impossible to get through and bring Joe down in PvP.

Tagarde: That's truely something Kol. What game did you progress to after Star Wars Galaxies and how did you eventually come to become a member of the same guild you once hunted down in SWG?

Kol: After SWG, I started playing World of Warcraft on Arthas, with the Ronin from SWG. I followed Paribus & Wylie and joined up with Foo on their new home on WoW's Stormreaver server. I played two different mages on SR, mostly PvPing but I did have a chance to do a few PvE events with Foo like Molten Core. I did'nt mind the PvE as it is an effective means to an end when it comes to better gear, but I prefer to spend the bulk of my time PvPing instead. Eventually I went inactive around the time that Foo was getting into the Naxx content and when I returned there was a new Foo presence that had moved to Tich to play Horde. Since I had started as Horde on Arthas when first coming over from SWG, I transfered my Priest to Tich and rejoined with Foo once again.

Tagarde: It sounds like you've had a pretty rich history with both PvPing against and with Foo, do you see yourself in this guild some time down the road?

Kol: Yes, I've really enjoyed the PvP, I see myself with Foo for a long time to come.

Tagarde: Well, lets move onto something larger then online gaming, tell us a little about yourself, what is something else you do aside from your 'Online Adventures' and what age bracket do you fit into?

Kol: I will be 25 years old in May and enjoy taking the summer off from gaming and spending the season sailing my boat around Martha's Vineyard/Vineyard Sound up in Massachussets.

Tagarde/Kol in unison: 'You motorboatin son of a bitch! You old sailor you!' (Wedding Crashers)

Tagarde: So do you have any plans for the future? Any big games your looking forward to playing?

Kol: I've been playing in the Beta for Age of Conan, which looks interesting. In terms of a specific game that I am looking forward to, Im not really picking a favorite just yet, I am just looking forward to playing with all of the Foos back together again. Ideally it would be a game that could manage to mix the power and playability of the WoW game engine, along with the Social/Player Driven environment of SWG's with a whole lot of PvP mixed in.

Tagarde: I know a lot of members share that same outlook. So, it has come time that I ask the question of the ages... Lets say you still lived with your mother, and she happened to fall down some stairs and needed medical attention would you abandon your rocking pvp group or take her to the hospital?

Kol: Well isn't that what 911 is for? Take her to the hospital myself? Im not running an ambulence service here.

Tagarde: Kol what is your favorite gaming memory? And how much will you admit too playing every week?

Kol: In SWG, there was a period of PvP that we termed 'The War on Talus', it was night after night constant PvP, an ongoing war between the factions and a whole lot of fun. I play a couple of hours a day, but it varies depending on alcohol consumption.

Tagarde: Thanks for taking the time to partipcate in this Interview Kol, congradulations on being named April's Player of the Month!

Kol: Thank you, it was a lot of fun.

Tagarde Talonarde,
On Behalf of Guild Master Joebane

joebane
03-31-2008, 02:17 AM
Grats Kol and thank you Tagard!

Ciannon
03-31-2008, 03:39 AM
Grats Kol!

TomahawkR
03-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Congratulations dude. :)
Nice piece of history you got there.

Draver
03-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Gratz Kol, nice interview.

Narvise
03-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Grats Kol! Pass the beer!

Gummy_Bear
03-31-2008, 01:47 PM
wewt wewt!

joebane
03-31-2008, 02:15 PM
What prize is Kol getting?

Kol_Taggar
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Buttsex with a foo of choice?

isdrid
04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Buttsex with a foo of choice?

buttsex with a fat chick?

joebane
04-01-2008, 04:28 PM
How about a gift certificate to a nice restaraunt in your area?

Kol_Taggar
04-01-2008, 06:14 PM
How about forum DKPs?

joebane
04-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Sure. I will hook you up with those.

Kol_Taggar
04-01-2008, 06:25 PM
other than that, Glory is all I require.

Rom
04-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Grats man.

Tagard
04-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Kol will be receiving an inflatable Jesus doll/life preserver.

Kol_Taggar
04-01-2008, 08:54 PM
"You people are drowning in the past, but I've got your life jacket, right here. It's called the 80s, and it's gonna be around forever!"

SonyRed
04-02-2008, 11:32 AM
hehe grats kol!